Bitwig controller script for ASM Hydrasynth

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I've written a little controller script for the ASM Hydrasynth. It lets you use it as an MPE keyboard with poly aftertouch, so now you can also use it to write and record parts for other synths that support poly aftertouch, like the Novation Peak.

You can find it here:
https://github.com/texel/bitwig-hydrasynth

Feel free to let me know if you have any issues, feature requests, etc. I'm considering trying to optionally map the macro controls to Bitwig remote controls, but haven't decided yet if that would be useful.

Thanks for this; I am trying out a new HS while I wait for Osmose to finish up (one day)

I noticed that this script allows me to record PAT events in Bitwig, but they seem to distort (and more so with more simultaneous keys pressed); whereas playing outside of BW doesn't do that at all. So I'm assuming maybe the sheer number of MPE events is overwhelming Bitwig? (I'm just testing on the default Sawpressive GD preset with nothing else changed from factory other than enabling MPE on the device)

Hey! Should this be compatible with the Explorer as well? It seems to mostly work, however key release events don't seem to be transmitted.
Also, I'd say it definitely seems worthwhile to have the macros mapped ^^

I fixed the NOTE RELEASE OFF issue. I think there is a mistake on line 24 - the 9 should be an 8:

WRONG:
NoteOff = "9?????"

CORRECT:
NoteOff = "8?????"

In my case, this worked (verified on OSX with MIDI Monitor).
Good luck!

Sounds awesome cheers

Return to “Controller Scripting”