Challenge - who has the most (paid) and actively used DAWs ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SamDi wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:02 pm
codec_spurt wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:01 pm Scratchpads:

1: EnergyXT1
2: EnergyXT2
3: Podium 3
4: Tracktion (paid for but oldish version, I forget now)

Arrangers:

5: FLStudio
6: Ableton Live 11
7: Reason 11
8: Bitwig 3
9: Cubase Elements (latest version) x 2 seats.
Hm, that's interesting. I use Ableton and maybe in the future Bitwig as Scratchpad. What do you think make Energy, Podium or Tracktion excel over Ableton for that stage. Do they have some killer features?

On the other side I don't feel comfortable with Ableton, FL Studio or Bitwig for arranging. To be honest, arranging is my weakest point, so I don't feel comfortable with all DAWs I have ATM.

For an arranging workflow as I would need it, I would need a DAW which can easily give me:
-setting area markers easily (not click but shortcut) and get them also via shortcut
-beeing able then to shift these markes around and rearrange blocks in an ripple edit manner
-defining alternative scenarios and compare them easily
-getting some kind of "object orientated" approach, which means that I create a clip, then spread this clip over a song and when I make a change in this clip, it affects all the spreaded clips in this song. Also getting new clips by inheritance would be nice...

Unfortunately I don't know any DAW to get it like that...
Not 100% sure it ticks all your boxes, but have a look at the 'arranger track' in Cubase, makes trying out different arrangements very easy, when happy you can then commit it to the project. it's available in all paid for versions of Cubase 11
Jon M - Born To Produce
Useful for beginners - Cubase Tutorial Logic Pro Tutorial FL Studio Tutorial
Ableton Tutorial

Yeah, ATM the competitive crossgrade is on sale till e/o July for 220 bucks, including the e-licencer dongle. Difficult to resist. I would like to demo it, but as I understood, I would need to order the dongle in advance, even just for testing it, which is avoiding an easy demoing and still keep me thinking about it :?

SamDi wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:14 pm Yeah, ATM the competitive crossgrade is on sale till e/o July for 220 bucks, including the e-licencer dongle. Difficult to resist. I would like to demo it, but as I understood, I would need to order the dongle in advance, even just for testing it, which is avoiding an easy demoing and still keep me thinking about it :?
True for demoing the pro version, but you can demo the Elements version without the dongle, which does have the arranger track and should give you a good feel for what it's like as a whole. The pro version just has more bells, whistles, capabilities etc. https://new.steinberg.net/cubase/
Jon M - Born To Produce
Useful for beginners - Cubase Tutorial Logic Pro Tutorial FL Studio Tutorial
Ableton Tutorial

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”