Let's spread the word

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Colin , it makes me sad to see that Architect doesn't get more exposure , if people would only know the power it harnesses .
Sure it is still in beta ( while it doesn't feel like it ) ,and that could also be a reason for the lack of interest
I think one of the major issues is that most people shy away from it because they wrongfully assume architect is a low level program only and thus not really suited for live and music making in general .
Whenever architect is brought up in a forum discussion , I try to persuade people in trying it and that there are already powerfull sequencers build in + modulation galore without going into low level stuff ( except for some bernoulli and random distribution stuff )
The inclusion of macro's would make the building process a lot easier , but as it is now , architect is bloody amazing with just a minimal of wiring .
You should not forget to also target that part of the potential customers , that there is no need do dive into the low level stuff , just the basic undestanding of some modules to get them up and runnning .
If a mayor company like seinberg would release somthing equivalent , the pricing would be through the roof , we're spoiled I tell you
Let's spread the word and I wish you all the best and a lot of sales . :hug:
p.s. Anytime now I can receive a mail that my cirklon is ready for shipping , needless to say I will spend less time with architect but it will still be one of the best purchaes I 've made
Cheers and thank you for this amazing piece of software
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Thanks, I really appreciate your kind words. Once it's out of beta, I'll be going full throttle on the publicity myself.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Totally agree with this topic!
Amazing software, powerful and versatile.
Thank you Collin.
:D

Yeah I'm completely in love with this program, I too am on the wait list for the cirklon but will definitely be passing it up when my turn comes as Architect can do so much more (cirklon hardware is nice though!)

I too have tried to spread the world a bit and have managed to get a few people to give it a try and most absolutely loved it even if they didn't have much experience, they definitely benefited from me sharing some of my macros though so I'm sure your macros will have a big impact.

But yeah, we should for sure try and spread the word a bit more, would also love to interact more with other users to see how people are using it, I'll try to make something soon to share.

Just want to chime in here.

I am absolutely squarely part of the demographic for this software. I have and use several other Loomer plugins, I use “off-grid” and non-duple/triple rhythmic material *a lot*, I’ve been making and doing computer-oriented audio for 20 years, I use Numerology a ton, etc. I have downloaded and tried to get into Architect at least 3 separate times, and have never succeeded in getting even the most basic patch going. I feel like the manual/quick start guide is severely lacking in the truly basic building block type explication of steps (including “how to use this in Live and Logic”) despite the examples that are included, while it also contains much material that seems to jump beyond the basics and confuse matters overall. My solution for this has been to just sit and wait for the eventual promised build that contains copious examples and macros, and presumably an accompanying manual that would bring everything more up to speed.

I am sharing this with the friendliest possible intent! I don’t mean to be critical - I understand life getting in the way of things and am more than happy to wait; I have plenty of other avenues to explore in the audio realm. This is clearly a totally massive project and it looks *exactly* like the sort of thing that could be fairly central to my computer audio workflow, so I know it is worth the wait. And Colin is clearly such a nice and patient dude. But what I relate above is unquestionably an impediment for me - and I wouldn’t call myself a beginner with this sort of thing, either, though I am far from being, say, a programmer or Max guru, etc. But, for the past few years, the status of Architect is almost the sole reason I check the KVR forum.

I guess this is all to say that, once I get a handle on Architect - which would mean there is a better and even slightly more thorough manual and a host of clear examples to check out - there are many people who I would tell about it and who would probably devour it.

I have nine pages of posts where I mention "Architect" from December 24, 2018.
search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&author_id=810
Just type in "Architect" in the search field.

mattmitch wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:06 am I don’t mean to be critical ...
I guess this is all to say that, once I get a handle on Architect - which would mean there is a better and even slightly more thorough manual and a host of clear examples to check out - there are many people who I would tell about it and who would probably devour it.
Thank you, and I appreciate the feedback. What you're asking for is still the goal of the 0.11 release, and I truly hope that with these additions you can get to grips with Architect. (And if you still feel there are omissions after that release, I'd be interested to hear about them.)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

mattmitch wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:06 am Just want to chime in here.

I am absolutely squarely part of the demographic for this software. I have and use several other Loomer plugins, I use “off-grid” and non-duple/triple rhythmic material *a lot*, I’ve been making and doing computer-oriented audio for 20 years, I use Numerology a ton, etc. I have downloaded and tried to get into Architect at least 3 separate times, and have never succeeded in getting even the most basic patch going. I feel like the manual/quick start guide is severely lacking in the truly basic building block type explication of steps (including “how to use this in Live and Logic”) despite the examples that are included, while it also contains much material that seems to jump beyond the basics and confuse matters overall. My solution for this has been to just sit and wait for the eventual promised build that contains copious examples and macros, and presumably an accompanying manual that would bring everything more up to speed.

I am sharing this with the friendliest possible intent! I don’t mean to be critical - I understand life getting in the way of things and am more than happy to wait; I have plenty of other avenues to explore in the audio realm. This is clearly a totally massive project and it looks *exactly* like the sort of thing that could be fairly central to my computer audio workflow, so I know it is worth the wait. And Colin is clearly such a nice and patient dude. But what I relate above is unquestionably an impediment for me - and I wouldn’t call myself a beginner with this sort of thing, either, though I am far from being, say, a programmer or Max guru, etc. But, for the past few years, the status of Architect is almost the sole reason I check the KVR forum.

All you need to know to get you up and running
-explore the sequencers , and how they behave , for standard live grid mode set sequencer to play mode ( and make sure it shown in the play tab )
-Sequencers have inputs and can acceps data , for example a data module with array [ -1,1,0,+1,1] into the octave row input will adjust the octaves , you can use data braches and switches to trigger these data modules , iow dynamically modulating it
Using this for gate , velocity etc..for really expresive patterns
Just a simple axample
-
Eyeball exchanging

Here 's another example , where architect really shines
Again ,it's a simple example with almost no math modules .
Two num data tables modules are used (graph interface) , spitting out a list with 3 values
One data table goes into the velocity input of a make note , the other into the pitch input , so we can change notes and velocity on the fly ( for a dynamic chord )
The duration/gate time of the note (chord ) is defined by 3 constant modules ( the blue ones value in ticks ) , which are randomly selected by a uniform distribution ( value between 0 and 2 ) which defines the output of the data switch and thus the triggering one of the constant
We never know which value the uniform distrib.module will spit out , all we know is that it willbe between 0 and 2 , which are 3 values = the number of outputs of the switch .
All is triggered by metro and goes to two different midi channels before going into a scale module

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eyeball exchanging

Thanks for the examples!

I must say I just discovered this awesome software via "Strange Daws" post here on KvR.

Just wow. Great work, great software. It loads instantly and feels light despite all these possibilities. Very refreshing.

Architect is a wonderful program, but I'm a bit of a beginner with it (and this type of programming layout) and a lot of its functions still confuse me in ways they probably don't confuse anyone else!

I shall continue to slowly make sense with it, and enjoy doing so.
(But if anyone is able to create a 'Dummies guide to Architect' style video, showcasing a few common basic features / uses, then it would certainly be a massive help to a slow learner like me)

Cheers :)

Thanks, both. Video tutorials will be part of the 0.11 releases, as well as much improved documentation all round. That, coupled with examples, and the fact that a lot of things are just more refined in the 0.11 update, means the learning curve should be less vertical.

^^ fantastic, many thanks Colin - and good luck with the future development of this amazing Architect :)

Ah, cool. I've been playing with Architect for a few days and really liking it, and I basically came to this thread to say that a the two things that would probably have drawn me in faster are some good demo videos (not necessarily nuts-and-bolts tutorials, but "here's a cool thing that you might want to do - look how elegantly you can do it with Architect!") and a library of useful macros. If that sort of thing is on the horizon anyway then that's great!
--
"It's a rave, Lewis!"

Return to “Loomer”