2021 Silicon summer updates RC1 12001 (Mac, Win, Linux)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the new update for Hive(2) Izmo skin is very nice. It runs like it should now. A steady 70 FPS. Very nice!

Zebra CM GUI looks nice :) is it possible to do it for the other Zebra? :wink:

Thanks for the updates! The new Triple Cheese and ZebraCM skins are lush!
Always Read the Manual!

I'm back with another question likely related to user error.

I've downloaded the newest betas for the Repro 1/5 and Diva, and ran the installers. For some reason, the VST versions aren't able to be loaded by Ableton 11 or Reason 11/12. My AUs were spotted by Logic X with no problem, however. Am I doing something wrong? I see the newest VST3 versions in my mac library, along with the newest AU, but not VST?

XpanderDude wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:50 pm I'm back with another question likely related to user error.
A few ideas:

* run the installer again, make sure that the VST2 format is selected
* do a plugin rescan in your hosts
* are you maybe using custom paths for your VST2 plugins, I know Live allows for setting a custom path (maybe Reason does as well, dunno)
* check if the VST2 plugin files are actually in the system VST2 plugin folder (/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/u-he)
* check if your host has an option to prefer VST3 over VST2 (Bitwig has this, maybe other hosts do this as well), in such a case it will only display the VST3 plugin, but not VST2
* if all this fails, you can also simply contact support so we can help with this: https://u-he.com/support/#contact
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Hive is bugging with filters, it doesn't switch filters correctly after applying some modulations. I played with it for a while and it started to not switch filters. Everytime playing with the new update.

Jorgeelalto wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:32 pm
Weasel-Boy wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:37 pm Speaking of minor graphic/text nitpicks...there is an extra "r" at the end of "Vibrato" in Triple Cheese's pulldown modulator selection list.
Extra R.png
It should be a modulation destination, not a source... :party:
No, it is Vibrator, according to the web site it is a host-syncable LFOs with delay and amplitude modulation

steelssys wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:35 am Hive is bugging with filters, it doesn't switch filters correctly after applying some modulations. I played with it for a while and it started to not switch filters. Everytime playing with the new update.
Sounds like the focus issue on macOS - menu selections end up in oblivion. Simply click anywhere into the plug-in to restore the window focus and menus will work as expected again.

Urs wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:59 am
steelssys wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:35 am Hive is bugging with filters, it doesn't switch filters correctly after applying some modulations. I played with it for a while and it started to not switch filters. Everytime playing with the new update.
Sounds like the focus issue on macOS - menu selections end up in oblivion. Simply click anywhere into the plug-in to restore the window focus and menus will work as expected again.
Nope, I am on Windows laptop. I had to downgrade the Hive. If you have any question i hope i'll be able to answer them.

Each time i designed something, i ended up with unusable state of plugin.

steelssys wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:02 pm Each time i designed something, i ended up with unusable state of plugin.
Can you send a mail to our support team, please?
So far we haven't experienced something like this, so we want to find out the reason.
And we can do that more efficiently through the support system.
https://u-he.com/support/#contact
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:28 pm
steelssys wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:02 pm Each time i designed something, i ended up with unusable state of plugin.
Can you send a mail to our support team, please?
So far we haven't experienced something like this, so we want to find out the reason.
And we can do that more efficiently through the support system.
https://u-he.com/support/#contact
I did send a filled form :)

carrieres wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:23 am
Weasel-Boy wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:37 pm Speaking of minor graphic/text nitpicks...there is an extra "r" at the end of "Vibrato" in Triple Cheese's pulldown modulator selection list.
Extra R.png
No, it is Vibrator, according to the web site it is a host-syncable LFOs with delay and amplitude modulation
Yes, “Vibrator” is mentioned on the website…but that, too, is incorrect as far as the actual UI control labeling is concerned. That particular LFO is labeled “Vibrato” in both the old and new UI’s. The modulator selection text should match the UI text. Vibrato is a well established term for what this LFO is primarily designed to do….not Vibrator (which would probably require batteries).
On a number of Macs

carrieres wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:23 am
Extra R.png
I think you didn't understand the joke, no worries though :D

BTW, I think this round of updates fixed a problem I had getting Repro recognized correctly in FL Studio 20 (in Windows at least). It didn't recognize Repro-1 or Repro-5, and couldn't load them. Now it works flawlessly! Thanks a lot :hug:

Weasel-Boy wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:03 pm[...]“Vibrator” is mentioned on the website…but that, too, is incorrect as far as the actual UI control labeling is concerned.[...]
Yes, the labelling/naming is inconsistent.

Calling the Vibrato-LFO "Vibrator" was meant to be funny in the infant days of our business. We have however since grown up and developed a more subtle and refined kind of humour. Hence, we simply dropped the last R wherever we could.

We can't however drop it everywhere without risking preset compatibility issues: Renaming things on certain levels of application layers is prone to causing bugs and issues. The effort to minimise the risks is in stark contrast to the gains. We have therefore decided that the best way to go about is to simply ignore the matter, i.e. to simply live with the inconsistency - particularly as it's such an easy one to neglect.

Hope everyone can agree.

Return to “u-he”