what do you think winners do right?

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

melomood wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:15 am
donkey tugger wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:43 pm
melomood wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:43 pm It's kinda like RuPaul's Drag Race.
It's more like the inverse of Rand Paul's Drug Race - "Winners don't do drugs".

Is that the time?
You have an unhealthy Rand Paul obsession. Is it the firey Mike Brady perm? The neighborhood brawls? His sketchy libertarianisms? The YouTube suspension?
I'm in awe of the capacity to hold down jobs as both a high profile politician and drag artiste at the same time.

Michael L wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:26 am Nettle is outstanding but an unusual synthesis method, so it needed more presets that show the musical possibilities (rather than FX).
Yeah, Nettle is very interesting, and actually not all that difficult to get "regular" plucks out of it, in addition to the sort of evolving pads you'd expect from the description. But it does take more time to get to grips with it - not that it's hard to use, but less familiar, with things like the hammer shape... in some cases, even the developer of something doesn't pick up on all the uses.

DSmolken wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:24 ameven the developer of something doesn't pick up on all the uses.
Particularly with a synth like this with 52 parameters including 4 LFOs, 4 envelopes with 10 targets each, plus velocity, modwheel or keytrack with 20, and that crazy 'random' button.
I find the harmonics can be quite beautiful. I hope it develops a strong fan base :clap:
Last edited by Michael L on Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

dp
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:26 am Nettle is outstanding but an unusual synthesis method, so it needed more presets that show the musical possibilities (rather than FX).
For that reason it got my 5 points…

One has to consider the timeframe.

3 months for someone with a job, people to care and no previous projects is almost no dev time if coding C++. Things can't be polished, have lots of presets, be properly tested, etc.

So having a project already started on the announcement date, people helping with presets, no kids etc is a big plus too.

Well, winners don't do drugs. :hihi:

Their drug is programming…

Much like everything else that people like using, having a polished and finished interface is key. After that, having your product find and fill a gap or need would go a long way.

Yet another VST virtual analog synth or reverb is an uphill battle. There just isn't any room in those spaces.

Michael L wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:04 am
melomood wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:15 am
donkey tugger wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:43 pm
melomood wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:43 pm It's kinda like RuPaul's Drag Race.
It's more like the inverse of Rand Paul's Drug Race - "Winners don't do drugs".

Is that the time?
You have an unhealthy Rand Paul obsession. Is it the firey Mike Brady perm? The neighborhood brawls? His sketchy libertarianisms? The YouTube suspension?
What do RandPaul Drag Race winners do right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjDq0ZgdYgY
:lol:
Somehow I missed this last time round
"I'm Fancy Reagan & I like it when things trickle down" :hihi:
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”