Next Softube Synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

VitaminD wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:01 pm If you don't understand what I mean, then why would you make a judgement on it? That's what is really lame.

If you enjoy your Adam Szabo synths, then you're welcome to enjoy them. No one is stopping you.

I'd like to see what Softube can do though.
It just seemed unfairly dismissive. If that wasn't your intent then I take it back. It would be cool to see/hear what Softube could do with the Virus, although I'd hope they would lean more to Szabo's UI design that has fewer tabs than the official Access plugin.

seangm wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:45 pm
sacer wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:12 am can someone share the link of the survey
?
I was going to share it but I don't know if it's tied to our user accounts so I don't want to screw up the survey I submitted. Maybe contact Softube support and ask them if you can get a survey link sent to you.
I have all their instruments and many of their effects and I definitely didn't get a survey. Maybe I'm not cool enough.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Vortifex wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:51 am
SHall1000 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:43 pm
Vortifex wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:34 pm Just a thought, but I suppose this poll means their next synth is quite some way away.
Unless their next one isn’t on the list.
Heh, didn't think of that. If they do currently have one in development then the list helps cross off options for what it might be. JX-8P or Alpha Juno possibly.
JX-8p would be great since PG-8x seems to be abandoned and sounds so great !

mtelesha wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:24 pm The classics are well covered by Arturia and updated by UHe.
No they are not.

Go Softube!

SebAV wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:03 pm
Vortifex wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:51 am
SHall1000 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:43 pm
Vortifex wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:34 pm Just a thought, but I suppose this poll means their next synth is quite some way away.
Unless their next one isn’t on the list.
Heh, didn't think of that. If they do currently have one in development then the list helps cross off options for what it might be. JX-8P or Alpha Juno possibly.
JX-8p would be great since PG-8x seems to be abandoned and sounds so great !
Hi mate, this is an excellent JX8P emulation. Cheers Glyn.
https://sites.google.com/site/mlvst0/?pli=1

zerocrossing wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:39 pm
seangm wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:45 pm
sacer wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:12 am can someone share the link of the survey
?
I was going to share it but I don't know if it's tied to our user accounts so I don't want to screw up the survey I submitted. Maybe contact Softube support and ask them if you can get a survey link sent to you.
I have all their instruments and many of their effects and I definitely didn't get a survey. Maybe I'm not cool enough.
It's not the cool points, I'm at zero with cool points.

I'm so cool that I was randomly picked to do the survey.

chk071 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:54 pm I'm so cool that I was randomly picked to do the survey.
Ice cold

:)

Snow Man

mtelesha wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:24 pm I just want forward-looking synths. The classics are well covered by Arturia and updated by UHe. Make something like the Tracktion synths, F'em, Abyss and Biotek.
Covered, but “well covered?” I’d still say that the older Arturia stuff is lack luster. SEM V, Matrix 12 V, 2600 V, Mini V and Modular V could all use the same treatment they gave CS-80 V. As for U-He, Diva sounds great, but is more of a “inspired by vintage” and that leaves RePro, which is just the Pro One and Prophet 5.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Novation Supernova
Roland JP8080
Roland JD990
Roland V-Synth

All the synths I'm most interested of the 1990's :). There's never been a definitive JP8080 plugin, though the oscillator in Diva sure is tasty. The JD990 equally has some great unique tones outside of the JD800 which was released earlier via Roland Cloud, so hopefully we'll get to see it. Equally, the V-Synth was a mighty flagship that never really got it's day in the sun. I owned the XT and Ver1 keyboard and would love to have it in my DAW.

The Supernova was a behemoth of a virtual analog and had some really fat sounds. I would love to have it, and the rest, as plugins.

Something poly ... most definitely

Given Softube have been doing the Roland thing lately, (SH-101, Juno 106), then I'd suggest a Jupiter-6 would probably be a good fit for them. There's plenty of 8s, but no 6s as of yet...

Return to “Instruments”