Hardware controllers

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How can I use hardware controllers for Mulab? I can't find any informations in the manual.

Thanks. Further questions: Is the midi mapping project-independent or just working with the project, in which the mapping was made? Can I make a midi mapping for toggle - buttons or only for faders and knobs? It would be nice to to control the start/stop function with a hardware- controller

wibem wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:20 am Is the midi mapping project-independent or just working with the project, in which the mapping was made?
Project dependent.
Can I make a midi mapping for toggle - buttons or only for faders and knobs? It would be nice to to control the start/stop function with a hardware- controller
Besides the MIDI controller parameter mapping options, you can also use MIDI events to trigger context functions. These function shortcuts are not project dependent, but are like application preferences. See this relevant doc page: http://www.mutools.com/info/M8/docs/com ... tcuts.html

It saddens me, but the following seem also true>
>>>>there is no support for any kind of controller feedback ( the pitchbend sending motorfaders i have here (mackie type signal) actually malfunction and auto return to their state after an adjustment).
>>>>no support for encoders of any type (you have to stick with 0-127 linear potentiometers/faders)
>>>>and no way to return an led from a mapped shortcut ( in most cases you would feedback the same note) which means you might set your transport to a button but don't expect to know the state unless you're looking on your screen)
i hope i'm wrong and i'm just very stupid and can't find a way to set these things up in mulab.

iliasboufidis wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:47 am It saddens me, but the following seem also true>
>>>>there is no support for any kind of controller feedback ( the pitchbend sending motorfaders i have here (mackie type signal) actually malfunction and auto return to their state after an adjustment).
>>>>no support for encoders of any type (you have to stick with 0-127 linear potentiometers/faders)
>>>>and no way to return an led from a mapped shortcut ( in most cases you would feedback the same note) which means you might set your transport to a button but don't expect to know the state unless you're looking on your screen)
i hope i'm wrong and i'm just very stupid and can't find a way to set these things up in mulab.
your are right, MuLab framework midi controller support is very limited and button controllers in MuLab 9 matrix view are also not supported.

Return to “MUTOOLS”