One Synth Challenge #152: WhispAir by Full Bucket Music (Aiynzahev Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
WhispAir

Gentlemen, please!

If you must fight, take it outside the club. Remember our motto:

Make music, not war.

:hug: :hug: :hug: is encouraged.
:smack: :smack: :smack: is discouraged.
바보

Is there a fight?

IV! wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:30 am
Good luck, Aro, I like your choice! But, if the quintessence of your reception/perception begins to take musical form, then we will be glad to hear it! :tu:
Thanks IV! Good to see you around!

If someone has doubts about wavetables, there is simple solution - don't use it. No headaches. :idea:

PietW. wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:39 pm
It is very easy to create wavetables in Audioterm. You can create audio files or wavetables from 128 samples to 4096 samples. We made a lot of videos about how it works. Anyone who still has questions will receive an answer.
So I went to the following website:

https://modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=195396

And I watched a few tutorials and audioterm doesn't seem that difficult. But I couldn't figure out a way to use created single cycle waveforms, such as AKWF, instead of just drawing my own. Is this possible?

Thanks!

IV! wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:09 pm I still don't understand the limitations on wavetables, single loops and other terminology well... If I take wavetables from Surge and use them in WhispAir, is it allowed?
My understanding is you can create a wavetable of up to 64 waves of 2048 samples per wave, but samples of real instruments or voice can't be ordered sequentially in the wavetable to simulate playback they have to be mangled into something else. However, one man's mangle and morph is another subtle tweak so open to interpretation I think.

hockinsk3 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:24 pm
IV! wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:09 pm I still don't understand the limitations on wavetables, single loops and other terminology well... If I take wavetables from Surge and use them in WhispAir, is it allowed?
My understanding is you can create a wavetable of up to 64 waves of 2048 samples per wave, but samples of real instruments or voice can't be ordered sequentially in the wavetable to simulate playback they have to be mangled/morphed into something else. However, one man's mangle and morph is anothers subtle tweak, so open to interpretation I think.

My understanding is you can create a wavetable of up to 64 waves of 2048 samples per wave, but samples of real instruments or voice can't be ordered sequentially in the wavetable to simulate playback they have to be mangled/morphed into something else. However, one man's mangle and morph is anothers subtle tweak, so open to interpretation I think.

Mods, I've no idea why the forum creates 3+ posts per single reply and then random replies where my own reply is a quote of myself, there's no delete I can see, I think it's probably a bug, but I've no way of reliably creating it to help understand what is causing it.

Aro wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:59 pm ... But I couldn't figure out a way to use created single cycle waveforms, such as AKWF, instead of just drawing my own. Is this possible?

Thanks!
AWKF tables are 2048 sample cycles and can be loaded directly in WhispAir.
Some are larger than 64 frames, however, meaning you can't access frames above the 64th.

”Ladies and Gentlemen”

My entry for KVR's One-Synth-Challenge using Full Bucket Music's WhispAir.

43 instances of WhispAir in Cubase 11 DAW.

Effects: Cymatics Origin, Initial Reverse, Expanse 3D, Brauer Motion, Litbit, Replika, TR5 CSR Plate, BureauJuice, Quadravox, Raum, VST Bass Amp, TB Reelbus V4, Grand Finale, MaxxBass.

All previous tracks on my Soundcloud are all - *made in one single day from scratch* - improvisations.

So this is what I did today with only WhispAir instances - the ”Ladies & Gentlemen” preset sparked the whole idea/improv, it was really fun! :)

Boss SY-1000 in guitar to midi mode and the C-Thru Axis-49 as midi controllers.

120 BPM - 13/4 time signature and 12/4 time signature + hardly any quantize ;)
Lo-Fi Porridge Mix… :) A real mess! :D

https://soundcloud.com/user-414219875/l ... en-kvr-osc
Last edited by Yadrichik_Chaya on Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fusion

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:46 pm ...
Effects: Cymatics Origin, Initial Reverse, Expanse 3D, Brauer Motion, Soundshifter Pitch, Litbit, Replika, TR5 CSR Plate, BureauJuice, Quadravox, Raum, VST Bass Amp, TB Reelbus V4, Grand Finale, MaxxBass.
@Yadrichik_Chaya:
Possibly relevant - If SoundShifter Pitch is performing pitch/time effects, it is not allowed.

"Effects - what is NOT allowed:
Tapestops, Granular delays, pitching, or related sampling effects.
Effects that pitch the sound (e.g. pitched / granular delays, tapestops etc.
..."

full rules can be found here

There's a bass drum patch in the presets that only plays when you hit C2 on the midi controller, but I can't figure out how that's done on the synths UI. Seems tailor made for programming drums in OSC. How do I restrict midi notes like this on the UI?

Return to “Instruments”