Im invested in a new Synth , and on the paper it was good looking

i have this synth 2 Years and never touched it
i dont like the sound about it i prefer pigments, serum and rapid

i dont like the gui, its to big not on the size
but i cant find a solution to see this tiny knobs , when i rezise it
it feels wrong you know ?

and im really hate the new copy protection , you cant change your protection
and punch your customers in the face , because its cracked

i have no need for this , and when you sale it you must pay 30 $ just for transfer

this synth was my bad investment ever

i dont want to blame the company i like manuel but the dont give a f**k about it
especially about the ciopy protection

rapid protection its way easier

I like Avenger, the codemeter thing is not really a problem, just every 90 days you renew it. No big deal.

The synth is fun to use, and really powerful. I love the arp section. The packs are too expensive , I'll give you that, but the sales do happen.

Nah Avenger is a decent synth, its just people don't like codemeter
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Oh boy. Another guy who doesn't demo properly before parting with his precious.

TBH though, given the posting history, I don't know if this is not trolling.

D.K Envelope wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:22 am Im invested in a new Synth , and on the paper it was good looking

i have no need for this , and when you sale it you must pay 30 $ just for transfer

i dont want to blame the company i like manuel but the dont give a f**k about it

I had some bad experience with the demo when it first came out, and never purchased it.

It doesn't sound bad, but not special either. A decent all-in-one synth.

chk071 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:20 am Oh boy. Another guy who doesn't demo properly before parting with his precious.

TBH though, given the posting history, I don't know if this is not trolling.
Yeah I would agree, especially after reading back. He liked Rapid though :lol:
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

i use it very often in projects - hope they fix the bug with preset selection on VST3 soon - no other issues with it - the sequqnces in expansions are very nice, if I deactivate the drums they enrich my projects with sounds i coudln't do by myself.

Avenger, Nexus, Omnisphere, Falcon, Viper, Diva, Repro, dune3, the legend, Tal-mod and bassline are my most used synths, I prefer them over serum, hive, pigemts and rapid

This is not just a decent synth! :o

This is a fantastic, amazing piece of software programming
I think it is unbelievable to have so much in one synth, and to say it's nothing special sound wise is completely incomprehensible to me. if one can not make it sound great, I would argue that it is the user who is the problem here.
It's almost impossible to use and learn all of Avenger's features unless you really have a lot of free time to spare...
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

olepro wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:41 am This is not just a decent synth! :o

I think it is unbelievable to have so much in one synth, and to say it's nothing special sound wise is completely incomprehensible to me. if one can not make it sound great, I would argue that it is the user who is the problem here.
It's almost impossible to use and learn all of Avenger's features unless you really have a lot of free time to spare...
No need to be so shocked. :wink: I liked it, but didn't fall in love. There are much better tools for what I do.

Avenger is a great synth and the expansions are top-notch, but the GUI makes it a deal-breaker. Incoherent sizing: huge knobs, tiny texts, and when resized below 100%, some of it become impossible to read. Unusable with 1080p monitors and below, which limits the userbase significantly.

izonin wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:08 am
olepro wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:41 am This is not just a decent synth! :o

No need to be so shocked. :wink: I liked it, but didn't fall in love. There are much better tools for what I do.
I'm just sometimes a little shocked because I think a lot of things are often taken for granted, without thinking about all the expertise and work put into it.
It's a bit like saying the Eiffel Tower is nothing special because I do not like the food they sell in the restaurant on the 1st floor
It's still a fantastic tower whether the food or the view is not your cup of tea :)
I personally would very much like to see how much code is written for the Avenger synth
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

If this would be the only post of its kind, I wouldn't care.
If I hadn't made similar experiences, I wouldn't care.
If even their fb group wouldn't be filled with bug reports, partly still with stuff from the early releases, I wouldn't care.
If I couldn't see the posts in their fb group of how they laugh *about* customers, I wouldn't care.

i have to agree it is the worst investment i have made audio wise. i was impressed by it's ability but you can't demo a forked up company or a developer that is an asshat. when i bought in everything was fine but then came the change in copy protection and all it's requirements. it was like being forced to change a horse in midstream and many were disgruntled... THAT is when the company and developer began to shine. basically saying to customers 'go fork yourselves' if you don't like it. the change was done based on a perceived loss of revenue as was stated many times by the company and developers.

so buyer beware. at least now people that may wish to purchase know very well what they are getting into but many did not have that choice and there was no option out other than refusing to update the product they paid for or selling off second hand which does cost money to transfer and with all the bad rep now many can barely sell it dirt cheap losing even more of their investment and the company and developers laugh all the way to the bank. but honestly i feel in the end VPS probably has lost more than their perceived loss that started the debacle. bottom line you can't crap on your customers, have the word get around and expect to flourish. sure they have their blind fanbase from nexus of old... maybe they can survive on them but that company will not see any more of my money and many feel the same way.

personally i don't have issue with the synth itself.. i really liked it (past tense) i have issue with the company and developers as i do with any company i deal with and invest in if they piss on their customers in such a manner. so again buyers beware.

in closing imo the company could have easily let all the disgruntled customers that bought before 'said date' to have free transfer of license so they could sell off without adding salt to the wound by adding additional cost and burden and creating all this malcontent on both sides.
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

D.K Envelope wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:22 am Im invested in a new Synth , and on the paper it was good looking

So...would it be save to assume that you are a little disappointed and it is not really hitting the sweet spot ?

At least you have had 2 years to make up your mind...

Maybe you could try something else now ? :wink:
No auto tune...

I only ever had the demo of some very first version, my impression was that it was one of the synths that try to do everything and don't really excell at anything. Some of the preset sounds were ok but nothing I coldn't source elsewhere. Overall i thought it was prone to sounding thin/bland/boring (judging from the factory presets), but I guess in a hands of a skilled sound designer it may shine - like any other synth.

I see how Anenger and the explansions may be indispensable for those who have to work in multiple genres with tight deadlines, or for those who prefer learning one synth in depth and using it for everything. I have no use for it myself though as I have better alternatives for all kinds of sounds I use in my music.

And any kind of intrusive or clumsy copy protection is always a big negative factor for me.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:08 pm Overall i thought it was prone to sounding thin/bland/boring
TBH, I agree. Especially the filters were pretty lacklustre for me.

Of course. Manuel Schleis did some good stuff with it. But, that's not relevant to me. If a synth isn't fun to play with for me, then it's pretty useless for me.

I also don't like if the synth has a gazillion features I never use. That's also why I don't like Rapid that much. I don't need layers.

Return to “Instruments”