Decent Sampler: long sample release time

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I downloaded a few of the Pianobook pianos today. Strangely, all of the Decent Sampler instruments that I tried have an unrealistically long release time, maybe 100-200ms. When I play the sfz version of the same instrument (e.g. https://www.pianobook.co.uk/library/family-grand/), the release time is much shorter, like you'd expect from a real piano.

Is anyone else hearing the same thing? Is there a release time setting somewhere that I'm missing? I poked around in the instrument settings and couldn't find anything that adjusts the amplitude envelope release time.

If I remember well, the release time can be adjusted in the script. It is the developer's work to fix it. The end-user can't do anything about it unless you're willing to edit the script yourself.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Weird that I tried several Decent Sampler pianos and they all had the same issue with release time. I guess I'll stick with SFZ instruments for the time being.

bburtin wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:45 pm Yeah, that's what I figured. Weird that I tried several Decent Sampler pianos and they all had the same issue with release time. I guess I'll stick with SFZ instruments for the time being.
It's because most indie devs don't fine-tweak their Decent Sampler instruments. I'm currently working on a Decent Sampler instrument, and according to the documentation, the release can be set up to 25 seconds. It's overkill for a piano.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”