VST3 support

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Will Mulab 9 support Vst3?
In my own wish list for Mulab its at the top, because,, like it or not steinberg seen to be going to push it for all new vst's.

vst3 support would be more important than cliplauncher.

From what I've seen published publicly from @mutools in relation to Mulab 9, he has not mentioned VST3, and have a feeling it might not be in the initial release or be part of MuLab 9 lifecycle. Hopefully @mutools can clarify on this, and I hope it is in the near future also.

boomt wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:40 pm From what I've seen published publicly from @mutools in relation to Mulab 9, he has not mentioned VST3, and have a feeling it might not be in the initial release or be part of MuLab 9 lifecycle. Hopefully @mutools can clarify on this, and I hope it is in the near future also.
I really hope your wrong so many, "small developer" plugins are vst3 only now and I'm finding it a pain having to put them in a wrapper before I can use them, loses a bit of spontaneity (specially with instruments). Yes, I agree with you martinbuntu re cliplauncher, but Mulab is my favorite host (I have a few) so I'll go along with what Joe decides (but thought I'd bring it up and make sure it doesn't get forgotten).

Since some time, while M9 was already in development, VST 3 is the top new feature request for MuLab and i don't forget about that and i'm aware of the VST 2 fading out situation. At this point I can't yet give specific info other than saying VST 3 is under serious consideration. I'm hopeful you understand that first finishing MuLab 9 is the best way to go otherwise the M9 release would be postponed for another amount of time, which would not be ok, for no one.

mutools wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:42 pm Since some time, while M9 was already in development, VST 3 is the top new feature request for MuLab and i don't forget about that and i'm aware of the VST 2 fading out situation. At this point I can't yet give specific info other than saying VST 3 is under serious consideration. I'm hopeful you understand that first finishing MuLab 9 is the best way to go otherwise the M9 release would be postponed for another amount of time, which would not be ok, for no one.
:tu:

I assume MuLab will keep the ability to use VST2 for some time though?

I have no plans at all to stop supporting VST 2.

That's good. Cos most of my favourite effects are old VST2 ones. I'd have to stop supporting MuLab, or indeed, any DAW that doesn't stay compatible with VST2. Unless, there will be some dev who makes a wrapper for them.

Hi there,
I just had found a "vst3-shell" (vst 3 to vst 2 wrapper), which is working perfectly in Mulab 8 64 Bit:
viewtopic.php?t=560297&start=15

Greetings
Rainer

@Brausbaer

good evening,

which OS do you use?

"vst3-shell" works fine for me on WIN 8.1, Mulab 8.8.3, 64bit as a "VST Synths".

but not on WIN 10 (vers. 19044.1526), Mulab 9.0.25, 64bit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Bullwinkle,
I´m using Windows 10 Home Build 19044.1526 and Mulab 8.7.6 64 Bit.
Another possibility is Kushview Element (free or donationware version available) or Metaplugin, but you have toy pay 49 € for this.

Best regards
Rainer

Blue Cat Patchwork has been working perfectly for me.

same for me, waveshell, izotope plugins, phaseplant (the synth only) and some other ones are marked off.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Return to “MUTOOLS”