MuLab 9.0.59 App + Plugin

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,

Ready to share a first MuLab 9 preview / beta.
It's still a bit rough and unfinished, but at this point i need user feedback on it.
So if you are a registered and experienced MuLab 8 user and if you're interested in testing and commenting this preliminary MuLab 9 beta then send an email to Image and i'll send you the download link together with an initial MuLab 9 user key and the necessary initial info on MuLab 9.
Note that at this point there only is the Windows app version, the Mac version and plugin versions will follow later.
Feel free to share your feedback on M9 via email or here in this topic, just like you prefer.

Edit: MuLab 9 App & Plugin are now available as a public beta, see https://www.mutools.com/M9.html

Thanks,

Jo

Yay!

Sadly, I'm on Mac, so I'll have to wait at the back... :(
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Is there a way to delete a clip launcher scene?

It seems I can delete all scenes at once with DEL button but not a single scene.

can't get it to loop audio in scenes; plays once then stops. midi works fine but cant get audio to loop.

Resizing the main window works fine but it cannot be dragged.

Hi folks, happy to be one of the crash test dummies! :)
First try, a few minutes with the demo project:
1) Write notes and controller changes with mouse in the timeline and the drag parts in the matrix: done, no problem
* notes in the cells are looping fine, but controller values only play once. Once played, controller cell cannot be relaunched, if set to "scene" sync mode.
* same with audiofiles, and sometime audio not playing in the cell, but still working in the timeline.

First impressions: Very smart implementation, the Matrix launcher is a game changer. I appreciate the decision to have both timeline and matrix working together. This way you get rid of making a drastic choice between 2 workflows. I see the potential use in live situation: having a structured song, and keeping the choice of looping some parts just by playing a "special" note, or adding a long evolving bridge inside a loop-based song, keeping some space in a song for improvisation, adding loops on the fly in a linear song...
A little suggestion ( I think Jo is already aware of this): I noticed the "mute" button in regard of timeline tracks, but when a matrix cell is launched, the relevant timeline track should be automatically muted, in order to avoid replicate or overlapping parts.

plutonia wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:16 pm can't get it to loop audio in scenes; plays once then stops. midi works fine but cant get audio to loop.
Make sure to setup loop markers in the event. Audio sequence works best
humanboeing wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:40 pm Resizing the main window works fine but it cannot be dragged.
You can drag it by the title, next to the "Project" menu.

Also from the Changlelist in the download directory:
* Right-click-drag window border = Move window
Last edited by dakkra on Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

First look for anyone interested in seeing the clip launcher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN9wYEgB5GI
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Mac users thank you, Dakkra!
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

What to say? This is a great update. Modular composer, clip matrix - even recording clips via MIDI is possible - absolutely brilliant.

As yet I haven't figured out how to launch clips from a different midi channel other than 1.

Also is there any possibility to make the clips play in a specific order or launch a row randomly?

How far is M9 compared to Ableton Live or Bitwig in terms of the clip launcher ? Are there any advantages, disadvantages, things that are missing? I can' t test it because I'm on Mac.

i think that the clip cells in the new matrix should be circular rather than rectangular with a line tracing/following the outer edge of the circle as the loop plays. it would provide cyclical visual feedback of the progress of the loop within each cell, as well as making m9 radically different from and better than both ableton and bitwig

might be a bug or just my laptop but after scanning vst's mulab 9 hung and had to be quit via windows task manager

Hi everyone, maybe it's not very useful, but what do you think about putting an adjustable fader to the volume of each mixer channel ? 🤔

Return to “MUTOOLS”