MuLab 9.0.59 App + Plugin

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

humanboeing wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:56 pm Is there a way to delete a clip launcher scene?
It seems I can delete all scenes at once with DEL button but not a single scene.
These are points still on the todo.

plutonia wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:16 pm can't get it to loop audio in scenes; plays once then stops. midi works fine but cant get audio to loop.
Which clip type did you choose? If you want to loop, slice & stretch the audio best to choose Audio Sequence.

humanboeing wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:40 pm Resizing the main window works fine but it cannot be dragged.
Indeed the title bar has been removed to focus more on the musical workspace.
You can drag the window by dragging the project name display and via Alt+drag the window border.

mutools wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:45 am
plutonia wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:16 pm can't get it to loop audio in scenes; plays once then stops. midi works fine but cant get audio to loop.
Which clip type did you choose? If you want to loop, slice & stretch the audio best to choose Audio Sequence.
i recorded straight in to matrix scene/clip. i'd like to record, define start and end loop markers and then it would loop when playing.

skarabee wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:38 am Notes in the cells are looping fine, but controller values only play once. Once played, controller cell cannot be relaunched, if set to "scene" sync mode.
What type of controller clip is it: an event sequence or an envelope curve?
same with audiofiles, and sometime audio not playing in the cell, but still working in the timeline
Similar question: What type of audio clip?
First impressions: Very smart implementation, the Matrix launcher is a game changer. I appreciate the decision to have both timeline and matrix working together. This way you get rid of making a drastic choice between 2 workflows. I see the potential use in live situation: having a structured song, and keeping the choice of looping some parts just by playing a "special" note, or adding a long evolving bridge inside a loop-based song, keeping some space in a song for improvisation, adding loops on the fly in a linear song...
A little suggestion ( I think Jo is already aware of this): I noticed the "mute" button in regard of timeline tracks, but when a matrix cell is launched, the relevant timeline track should be automatically muted, in order to avoid replicate or overlapping parts.
I'm not sure if this should be an automatic action as one might play live clips on top of a timeline track. At the same time i understand your request. Will have to think about it.

syntonica wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:38 pm Sadly, I'm on Mac, so I'll have to wait at the back... :(
Michael L wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:08 am Mac users thank you, Dakkra!
I apologize for the Mac version coming a bit later, for practical reasons.
Will do my best to to make it available as soon as practically appropriate.

shorty wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:14 am What to say? This is a great update. Modular composer, clip matrix - even recording clips via MIDI is possible - absolutely brilliant.
:party: :tu:
As yet I haven't figured out how to launch clips from a different midi channel other than 1.
In the Note Action Map there is a channel selector at the top, switch to another channel to map note actions for that channel.
Also is there any possibility to make the clips play in a specific order or launch a row randomly?
Not yet in M9.0. Maybe later.
Most probably a redundant to add this, but for completeness: If you want a composition to play clips in a specific order then record it in that specific order so you transform it to a timeline composition.

wibem1 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:39 am How far is M9 compared to Ableton Live or Bitwig in terms of the clip launcher ? Are there any advantages, disadvantages, things that are missing?
M9.0 has not the ambition to be on the same level as clip launchers that exist for many years already. The goal is to have a fun and inspiring first version of the live clip matrix and then it may grow on in future versions.

plutonia wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:49 am i think that the clip cells in the new matrix should be circular rather than rectangular with a line tracing/following the outer edge of the circle as the loop plays. it would provide cyclical visual feedback of the progress of the loop within each cell, as well as making m9 radically different from and better than both ableton and bitwig
You mean like the Live Loops in Logic?
I think it both has advantages and disadvantages.

plutonia wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:52 am might be a bug or just my laptop but after scanning vst's mulab 9 hung and had to be quit via windows task manager
Could it be some problematic VST that would have caused the same behavior in M8?
Can you identify the VST that causes the hang?

plutonia wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:19 pm i recorded straight in to matrix scene/clip. i'd like to record, define start and end loop markers and then it would loop when playing.
I see. I've taken note about this use case, for M9.0 or M9.x, to be decided.

mutools wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:50 pm
plutonia wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:49 am i think that the clip cells in the new matrix should be circular rather than rectangular with a line tracing/following the outer edge of the circle as the loop plays. it would provide cyclical visual feedback of the progress of the loop within each cell, as well as making m9 radically different from and better than both ableton and bitwig
You mean like the Live Loops in Logic?
I think it both has advantages and disadvantages.
it looks great as is but i just think that circular cells with visual loop progress line/bar cycling around the round cell to show loop progress, would provide better visual feedback especially if there were a lot of clips of diff lengths going at once. would be different from other daw's too

mutools wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:00 pm
plutonia wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:52 am might be a bug or just my laptop but after scanning vst's mulab 9 hung and had to be quit via windows task manager
Could it be some problematic VST that would have caused the same behavior in M8?
Can you identify the VST that causes the hang?
it scanned all vst's fine and finished but when i returned to main screen and tried to continue using mulab it hung

mutools wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:09 pm
plutonia wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:19 pm i recorded straight in to matrix scene/clip. i'd like to record, define start and end loop markers and then it would loop when playing.
I see. I've taken note about this use case, for M9.0 or M9.x, to be decided.
i really think it needs to do this because recording real instruments from an external source should work as well as and in a similar way as the midi recording of clips. 90% of my recordings are from external mics, so for me it is vital

mutools wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:48 pmM9.0 has not the ambition to be on the same level as clip launchers that exist for many years already. The goal is to have a fun and inspiring first version of the live clip matrix and then it may grow on in future versions.
But in terms of design, do you plan for it to have some fundamental differences? One thing that annoys all Bitwig & Live users is when you're recording in Arranger then everything you play in Clip Launcher gets recorded too. It would be a game changer if you could only record to tracks that are armed. The other thing would be to make automation separate between the 2 areas. Several times I've deleted automation in one, thinking I'm only deleting it in the other.

Also, can I participate in beta even if I don't have MuLab license (I'm Bitwig user)?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “MUTOOLS”