Idea for LinnStrument video series

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just a quick heads up….I’ve uploaded episode two of my video series. I hope you enjoy it! 😊
I believe Steve’s will also be up very soon!

https://youtu.be/uX-rXyFM80s
Last edited by FontaineBurnett on Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Well, I had to take it down due to some audio issues. I‘ll post it again later today.

The audio has been fixed and it’s back online! 😊

Awesome as usual Fontaine! Mine is definitely not as involved or well produced, but they are typically going to be pretty short from here on out. I also plan on getting them out on a more weekly or bi-weekly basis as well (hopefully).

https://youtu.be/YfWawwsr9Y8

Reckon104 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:41 pm Awesome as usual Fontaine! Mine is definitely not as involved or well produced, but they are typically going to be pretty short from here on out. I also plan on getting them out on a more weekly or bi-weekly basis as well (hopefully).

Great stuff Steve! This is going to be great for a lot of players out there!

Hi Fontaine and Steve,
Two more wonderful videos-- thank you both! I've added them to the Tutorials folder on my YouTube channel. This is so helpful to people and I like how you approach it from different perspectives, each of which resonates with a different type of LinnStrument player.

I've already thanked Fontaine and Steve in their respective YouTube comments...

For anyone wondering whether it's worth taking the time to watch them: what's stopping you? You're not going to find a better 30 minutes (total) worth of thought-provoking Linnstrument teaching anywhere else, and it costs you nothing. Now stop reading what I'm writing and get onto those videos!

Fontaine/Steve, thank you both so much for continuing these. I'm happy to report that during breakfast this morning, you both passed the crunchy toast test 🍳 (I know this was probably weighing heavily on both of you).

Seriously though, making content like this is very time-consuming and you are both generously donating your free time to the community, I hope you know how much this is appreciated!

Fontaine, your addition of location indexes in your video did not go unnoticed! This is quality content through and through. If there were a Patreon page, I would instantly subscribe.

zachaudioguy wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:49 pm Fontaine/Steve, thank you both so much for continuing these. I'm happy to report that during breakfast this morning, you both passed the crunchy toast test 🍳 (I know this was probably weighing heavily on both of you).

Seriously though, making content like this is very time-consuming and you are both generously donating your free time to the community, I hope you know how much this is appreciated!

Fontaine, your addition of location indexes in your video did not go unnoticed! This is quality content through and through. If there were a Patreon page, I would instantly subscribe.
Big thanks Zach! I totally appreciated the feedback…If it helps me up my game, I’m all for it! I am now officially a believer in the power of chapters…and crunchy toast! 😂

Thanks for all the positive feedback! And Zach, Fontaine's undoubtedly have a higher production quality than mine all around but I was sort of hoping to getting around needing chapters by having the videos pretty short, "data dump" in first couple minutes, followed by a couple ideas that generally aren't going to have to be listened to a second time? But do you still think chapters would improve the user experience?

Reckon104 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:24 am Thanks for all the positive feedback! And Zach, Fontaine's undoubtedly have a higher production quality than mine all around but I was sort of hoping to getting around needing chapters by having the videos pretty short, "data dump" in first couple minutes, followed by a couple ideas that generally aren't going to have to be listened to a second time? But do you still think chapters would improve the user experience?
Not the OP on this one but I'd say chapters would help for re-watches and practice but that's kinda beside the point. What the two of you are doing is absolutely magical regardless of production value. You're both sharing your skills with us in two different styles showing how versatile the LS really is. I'm taking queues from yourself and Fontaine and working them into my nightly practice sessions. I feel like drawing from every experienced source will only make me a better player in the long run. As a guy who's only had his LS less than a month I'm reveling in all these videos and they''ve all inspired me regardless of the technical recording aspects. Thank you both for teaching us what you know!

Reckon104 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:24 am But do you still think chapters would improve the user experience?
IMO a short video (under 10-15 minutes) doesn't really need chapters, unless there's a lot of topics for some reason. I thought your video was totally fine without. I think it's pretty easy to skip through to find something if there's only a few topics.

Reckon104 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:24 am But do you still think chapters would improve the user experience?
I don't think chapter indexes ever hurt, their usefulness definitely increases as a function of video length. The last video was more bite-sized so there'd be less benefit IMO. They can always be added later or contributed by an eager viewer as well.

Thank you. Heading over to the videos now.

heads up that my third one is up. Fontaine's are much more involved, so I figured I'd get this out a little quicker than I got the 2nd one out.

https://youtu.be/pQlMMtJIyog

Return to “Roger Linn Design”