content and factory patch windows blank

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone see this where the HGS synths open up but the content is not there, the save/Load windows are blank.
On some synths the Kontakt screen looks wacked. They used to work just perfectly.
Some screen shots attached, any help would be appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That can happen with a bad download---and there have been some issues with service from the servers. It happened to me in the recent past with HGS and occasionally with other developers. I can't recall exactly when or even the exact HGS library---I was on an HGS binge. Try downloading it again and re-installing it---that was what was a previous post about this issue recommended and it worked for me.

Serenity is worth the effort.

Pam
8^)

OK...
So I went to the HGS site and found a blurb about replacing the .nkc file for Logic to fully reload the instrument.
After deleting the .nkc file in the Serenity GB folder and relaunching Logic Pro, a new .nkc file was made and the instrument loaded perfectly with presets visible etc... Doing this routine with the other problematic instruments made them work as well. It might have something to do with migrating to a new machine recently.
Thanks for your help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vonbraun wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:25 am . . . It might have something to do with migrating to a new machine recently. . .
I'm glad you worked it out. I think that I've come across three things so far that seem to work in this situation:
(1) That .nkc file trick
(2) A fresh download/installation
(3) Unzipping your download in the directory (or at least on the drive) where it will be used. I came across this weird issue a few months back. A third-party, full-version library opened like the error you posted when I moved it from the drive where it was downloaded/extracted to my library drive. The developer suggested extracting it directly in the eventual target directory and that solved the problem. Eventually I was able to determine that functionality depended primarily on being resident on the drive (or drive letter) where it was extracted. Weird but true.

Paj
8^)

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”