reverse a single tone

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, i want to reverse a tone in Mulab. I've already tried it with a shortcut but it didnt work. In Mulab docs they say to put the end before the start but i can't find it

Drag the sample to the track and select "Pitched Sample". This loads up MuSampla with the sample sliced. You can set the start, loop and end positions anywhere within the split sample then. (Open the editor by double-clicking the waveform, then zoom in, if needed, to see the split markers individually, then double click your start point, copy the value, paste into the start in the MuSampla main window, repeat for your end point. If you want to loop, remember to update the loop start point to somewhere between your start/end positions.)

You can also drag a sample to the track and select Audio Sequence, double-click to open the editor, mouse-highlight the part you want to reverse, right click Sample > DSP Function > Reverse and ta-da it's reversed. You can then drag that same sample into MuLab again but this time select Pitched Sample and ta-da it will be reversed in MuSampla, so you can mess with it both ways. Check out the docs for more surprises.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

pljones wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:50 am Drag the sample to the track and select "Pitched Sample".

Where is this option I cant find it

pljones wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:50 am Drag the sample to the track and select "Pitched Sample".
Where is this option I cant find it

Here's a movie:
http://www.drealm.info/mu.lab/AppMovie- ... 215213.mp4

Grab your audio, drop it onto the track header. Select "Pitched Sample" to get a MuSampla. If needed, add transient markers and pick the tone you want to play backwards. Set the start/end points.

There's some "double-click" the value to open the editors, that's hard to see in the movie... Also some copy/paste between boxes...

Copy-pasting the marker positions into the Start-Stop-End displays is a bit heavy way of doing this.
Say you have a sample section where marker A is at the start of the section and marker B is at the end of it, then in the sample player simply choose marker B as "Start" and marker A as "End" and it will play reversed.

mutools wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:49 pmSay you have a sample section where marker A is at the start of the section and marker B is at the end of it
Ah, so if you rename the numeric markers to not be parsable as sample positions (or add your own), then they're interpretted as marker names? I probably knew that once... :)

The sample Start-Loop-End fields can hold an absolute sample index or can be a marker reference. That gives great flexibility. Both absolute position as marker reference have their pros and cons. It depends on the situation what's best. You can easily switch between both, see the options menu of the Start-Loop-End fields.
Please see https://www.mutools.com/info/M8/docs/co ... -positions

Return to “MUTOOLS”