How to send midi from a rack on multi channels

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a plugin (Instacomposer), which sends midi data on more than one channel. How can I send these data to other racks with instruments?

Do it in a MUX?

Stick a top-level MUX in the rack, then stick Instacomposer "out in the open" in that MUX, add a channel splitter, then add anything else you want in there, e.g. racks, other instruments, etc.

Is it possible whithout a Mux? It's just a bit troublesome to open the Mux, then the plugin to do some changes in the plugin. BTW: Instacomposer is nice, but works on MAC only on OS 10.15, which I don't have. I have never seen a plugin with such restriction.

OK... so try this, I don't know if it will work... Right-click Instacomposer and choose "Setup Auxilliary Ins/Outs" and choose 15 event outs (you get one by default, that gives 16 in total, one per channel). You then need to select MuLab's Modular view and you'll see the extra event outs. You can then route them to other racks or wherever you like.

An addition of extra Aux oder Event outputs don't give more output channels in the Modular view. At least I found a solution: in the Modular view you can put a midi channel splitter between the send and the receive racks. That's quite easy and you don't need a MUX. A praise for Mulabs modularity.

Well, "Modular View" is the top level MUX, really.

Oh, I didn't know that. I always thought that MUX is a special plugin.

I've not tried it yet but I expect it becomes even more obvious with MuLab 9.

Really "Composer" is the special bit. In MuLab up to 8, you can only have a top-level composer, and the MUX plugin version didn't support that view at all. The modular view is supported both in MuLab (as a top level view, like the composer, and as nested modules) and as the MUX VST plugin (which then supports nesting of MUX modules, as well as the VST plugin (which, of course, you could do in MuLab, if you had the VST)...).

Return to “MUTOOLS”