Thesys MIDI CC assignments?

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to dig a little deeper into Thesys, and had a quick question. I know that buttons in the Action Section (such as Velocity Gate, Gate Time, etc.), the root key and the scale can be assigned MIDI CC values by right clicking and pressing MIDI Learn. Once MIDI CC values are assigned in this way, I assume that these buttons can be modulated using the modulation sequencer. However, I was wondering if these buttons have default MIDI CC numbers assigned to them? If so, what are they? Is there a master list of default MIDI CCs in Thesys?

If these buttons do not have a MIDI CC assigned to them by default, how would I go about assigning MIDI CC numbers without using MIDI Learn (in other words, just using the computer keyboard, with no MIDI controller)? Once I do that, I assume I can save the assignments to a new MIDI map, load it whenever I like, and then modulate those buttons/parameters using the modulation sequencer.

Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks!

bharris22 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:58 pm Once MIDI CC values are assigned in this way, I assume that these buttons can be modulated using the modulation sequencer.
Those buttons can't be modulated by Thesys, they're conceptually performance controls. However, the buttons are exposed as parameters you can automate.

Thanks. Do you know the default MIDI CC values that are assigned to these buttons, by any chance?

Plus, if you can use MIDI learn to control the buttons via MIDI, doesn't that process assign a MIDI CC number to the button? If so, why couldn't you use one of Thesys' modulation sequencers to modulate that CC message? The manual actually says "the Action Button Section gives you mouse and MIDI CC control."

Return to “Sugar Bytes”