Voltage Modular Apple Silicon

Official support for: cherryaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there! Since all your plugins are AS native, I guess it's right to assume Voltage Modular will get the same treatment? :)
Is the holdback due to modules also being needed to be ported and some devs are taking a lot of time?

Just an ETA would be nice :)
void main(dumb)

Hi there,

We do have an M1 version of Voltage Modular that is currently in QA, but there are some sever changes that are causing the QA process to take longer than expected.

All modules will be fully compatible with the M1 release of Voltage Modular. We'll let everyone know when it's available!

Thanks,
- Dan @ Cherry Audio

Thanks! Thats nice to hear

Cheers!
void main(dumb)

I've updated to Core in anticipation.
Although it spikes CPU all around in its current state I put my trust in you sorting it out :)
It's the most fun modular synth around. Softube be damned....
void main(dumb)

cherryDan wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:46 pm All modules will be fully compatible with the M1 release of Voltage Modular. We'll let everyone know when it's available!
Any news on M1 Silicon support topic? :phones:

Cherry Audio is pleased to announce the release of Voltage Modular 2.5, now available as an Apple M1 Native application.

In addition to native M1 support, we've added many improvements and new features, including the ability to Favorite a preset directly from the toolbar. Third-party preset collection zip files can now be dropped directly onto Voltage Modular's interface to instantly add new presets to the library. Performance improvements and stability improvements have been added throughout the software.

This free update is available now for all Voltage Modular users, and can be downloaded from the Voltage Modular Download page.

Soooo...looks native now, but...won't run in Logic under Ventura? (Or at least the AU won't validate?)

Will there ever be a fix for that? I mean, Sonoma has been out for a moment now...

NullDevice wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:36 pm Soooo...looks native now, but...won't run in Logic under Ventura? (Or at least the AU won't validate?)

Will there ever be a fix for that? I mean, Sonoma has been out for a moment now...
I contacted them about that long time ago.
Always the same answer, they seem to be waiting for Apple to fix it.
Thing is that hundred of plugins work flawlessly, they shouldn't have to wait for Apple to make it happen IMHO.
I'de suggest to contact them support too.

It appears Apple is never going to "fix it" because it's not something they consider broken.

Makes me kinda wonder what's going on under the covers of VM that it can't be fixed.

A vertical disaster.

VM is the best soft modular out there and now it's off-limits to Mac users (unless you run Rosetta which I don't).

C'mon Cherry A, sort this out, since all your other synths run fine under OS Ventura it's kinda lame to blame Apple.

At least give us an update on the situation and tell us that a fix is in the pipeline 4 sure.
Mac M2 Studio Ultra, UAD Apollo Quad, Neumann/Genelec monitors, Logic Pro X, Ableton

It could be possible that the last Sonoma 14.4.1 update fixed the Logic AU compatibity.
CA is currently testing it but it looks good so far.

Return to “Cherry Audio”