Connector issue in Cubase

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am demoing the connector to transfer audio from Ableton to Cubase. I can see audio is getting to Cubase(meters move and I hear it). But if I try and record it, I get silence. Tried creating a dummy track with BlueCat connector as an insert. No luck.

This is expected behavior, any DAW will do the same. You need to route the audio to the input of another track…

You indeed have to go thru an aux track (or the equivalent in Cubase) and records its output, as shown with Logic in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFwaTIO1uK0

So I believe in Cubase we have to use either group or effect channels to route audio from connector .

So if I want to route 16 channels of audio from mpc software to cubase I have to have 16 instances of connector on both daws? Sounds like alot load on your PC

Can't you insert connector on the input track in Cubase?

certified beatz wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:28 am So I believe in Cubase we have to use either group or effect channels to route audio from connector .

So if I want to route 16 channels of audio from mpc software to cubase I have to have 16 instances of connector on both daws? Sounds like alot load on your PC
if you need to carry 16 tracks you indeed need 16 instances. It should not be a big deal (Connector is very light on CPU).

rasmusklump wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:40 am Can't you insert connector on the input track in Cubase?
I am not sure what you mean by "input track", but Connector can be loaded anywhere where Cubase can load VST or VST3 plug-ins.

The op should insert the plugin in the input track then he can record its output on the actual track like he wants to.

rasmusklump wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:41 am The op should insert the plugin in the input track then he can record its output on the actual track like he wants to.
Indeed. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought it was a question :-).

rasmusklump wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:41 am The op should insert the plugin in the input track then he can record its output on the actual track like he wants to.
This took me several minutes but if anyone else is researching this for Cubase:
External Sound Source
- Send audio from Connector in non-Cubase software
- In Cubase: Create a Group Track with Connector as insert. Receive the audio from Connector
- In Cubase: Create an Audio Track that receives the Group Track input (No Connector)

Thanks for reporting back here!

I've got Connector inside Patchwork, going out to FL Studio, then returning to the same Patchwork, and recording at the end of the stack, all on the same track.

I have made a "manual" for recording Logic Instruments into Cubase, but where all the playing, recording an editing is done in Cubase, by using Blue Cat's Connector. Perhaps some will find it helpful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mac Pro 3,2Ghz - 10TB - 20GB, Cubase 10 + 8 + 7 + 5 + 4, Logic X, Yamaha 01v96, Hammerfall RAYDAT.

Rumdrum wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:45 pm I have made a "manual" for recording Logic Instruments into Cubase, but where all the playing, recording an editing is done in Cubase, by using Blue Cat's Connector. Perhaps some will find it helpful.
That's a very nice tutorial. Would you mind if we share it with the community on the blog or any other online form? Also, do you have a website we could link back to?

I've made a few corrections, mostly spelling and arrow correction. The latest version is uploaded here and you can use it as you see fit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mac Pro 3,2Ghz - 10TB - 20GB, Cubase 10 + 8 + 7 + 5 + 4, Logic X, Yamaha 01v96, Hammerfall RAYDAT.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”