Apqualizer causes other vst graphs to lag

Official support for: www.apulsoft.ch
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sometimes i have issues with having a few graphs on screen as well as apqualizer, in fl studio.
Apqualizer will start to lag and cause other graphs lag.

Yes, the drawing can get heavy with a few instances. One thing you can try is to lower the redraw rate in the settings from 30 to 20 - and using a smaller gui scale level also helps. The plugin is using the CPU to render pixels and I pondered many times to switch to the GPU - which would be supported by the JUCE library using OpenGL.. however still today using OpenGL doesn't work well if multiple instances are drawing at the same time - so in this case it wouldn't solve the issue. I hope JUCE soon gets support for other ways of GPU-assisted drawing that don't suffer from multi-window troubles. Then I'd be more than happy to make the switch.

thanks for the snappy reply, i really enjoy our plugin :) thanks for providing the best eq out there.

btw.. are you using Windows, or are you seeing this issue on macOS? I'd say it's much more likely to happen on windows, but I also read about some redraw performance issues of the JUCE library on m1 Macs. I saw on another of your threads that you are running input and output analyzers in stereo configuration.. that makes drawing really heavy because the graphs are very big complicated transparent polygons which are taxing in terms of geometry as well as fill rate.

windows machine, nvidia gtx 970, i7-4770k (8 core) clocked up to 4.2ghz. 16g ram.

Indeed for that picture i ran both input and output graphs but usually only the output. Always just the output actually. I love running in stereo config though :( thats one of apqs huge strong points is the fact i can see width on my EQ! Should i try to use the l/r max or l/r average views to reduce usage? I havnt been able to really work out what those modes are doing, even after reading the manual.

No, I also always use stereo of course - and it is just a bit more expensive than the single channel modes. However input & output at the same time doubles the load. L/R max just displays the sample with the higher value at each frequency (like the top of the stereo graph) while L/R avg sums the signal before doing the analysis.

thank you i understand now i think.

Return to “apulSoft”