Hive2: Way to add custom tags to presets (categories/characters) or suggestions for workaround?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, is it possible to create your own categories or characters for Hive2 presets?
I would like add "summer" etc for some presets so I would find them more easily.

Only way I can find to do this at the moment is this: I open the preset I want to add the search word "summer", I open the save function and inside the save selection I add "summer" to the description or usage section. And then I save this presets again.

That would be the way to do it, yes.
There are no options for custom tags in Hive 2, I'm afraid.

would be cool though, wouldn't it ?

muki wrote: ↑Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:37 pm would be cool though, wouldn't it ?
Only on first thought. On second thought, each preset pack from a third party sound designer will expand the number of different tags a little more, and you'll end up with ambiguous, overlapping and possibly competing tags (we have seen what this does during the early days of NKS). Or, if custom tags are only local, you get presets which aren't tagged at all because the presets designer only used their own tags.

We instead have the favourites system and the bank name concept, along with the ability to organise presets swiftly in the built-in browser by search and by drag'n'drop. E.g. if you wish to somehow save a Favourite that you used in a previous project but that you need to free for a current one, you can simply create a copy of its contents by drag'n'drop on the desktop.

There surely is room for improvement, such as custom naming for favourites.

Urs wrote: ↑Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:36 am Only on first thought. On second thought, ...
oh well...true indeed...
hmm...

Urs wrote: ↑Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:36 am
muki wrote: ↑Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:37 pm would be cool though, wouldn't it ?
Only on first thought. On second thought, each preset pack from a third party sound designer will expand the number of different tags a little more, and you'll end up with ambiguous, overlapping and possibly competing tags (we have seen what this does during the early days of NKS). Or, if custom tags are only local, you get presets which aren't tagged at all because the presets designer only used their own tags.

We instead have the favourites system and the bank name concept, along with the ability to organise presets swiftly in the built-in browser by search and by drag'n'drop. E.g. if you wish to somehow save a Favourite that you used in a previous project but that you need to free for a current one, you can simply create a copy of its contents by drag'n'drop on the desktop.

There surely is room for improvement, such as custom naming for favourites.
The custom naming for favourites, is that not possible at all at present?

Under Data\Scripts, is there maybe some instructions set/commands that can be added to the files there to rename the favourites tags? I can see the icons images (simple colours), looked in the Diva_orig.txt, but no labels for Favourites as such, just pointing to the images, which are simply little dots with the colours we see for the Favourites.

In Dune 3, there was no simple way to add new categories within the plugin until I was informed (by the developer) of a way to create them by creating an ini file in the Dune 3 directory and adding custom categories which showed up within Diva 3 preset browser, would this be possible for your products?

Sorry if this has been asked multiple times.
I know about copying to folders (just a duplication really), and I know for some of the colours, I can relate them to sound/instrument types (Bass = Red, FX = Green, Plucks = Purple-ish, Pads = Sky Blue etc) but naming them is easier of course.
Thanks

*incorrect information deleted*
Last edited by GruvSyco on Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

In think the best way for favorites is to create one or more folders for it.
Then simply copy you favorites to that folders
Example:
Favorite Strings
Favorite Fx
etc........

Bartone wrote: ↑Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:30 am Hello, is it possible to create your own categories or characters for Hive2 presets?
I would like add "summer" etc for some presets so I would find them more easily.

Only way I can find to do this at the moment is this: I open the preset I want to add the search word "summer", I open the save function and inside the save selection I add "summer" to the description or usage section. And then I save this presets again.
Click on the preset, so it is loaded, then go to the right side and right click on the "character" ... see screenshot ... then you get several options. If you like to read more, it is described on the pdf manual page 18 "Preset Tagging"
01_temp.jpg

To add new Tags, go to the left side, to the TAGS Categories "directory", do a right click and add new ... screenshot
02_temp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

soundof wrote: ↑Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:27 pm The custom naming for favourites, is that not possible at all at present?
No, it's not possible at the moment. Maybe in a future update, but can't guarantee it.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

GruvSyco wrote: ↑Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:48 am I think you can open the preset in a text editor and add your own. I'm pretty sure I've done this in the past a few versions ago. I would only do this on presets that are exclusively personal.
You can neither add your own favourites nor your own tags this way. And this has never been possible.

OdoSendaidokai wrote: ↑Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:26 pm To add new Tags, go to the left side, to the TAGS Categories "directory", do a right click and add new ... screenshot
I assume you are using the Linux version, right?
This option should be greyed out, as it won't work. You cannot create your own tags.
Some options not being greyed out is one of the issues noted in the known issues in the Linux subforum. This is actually fixed by now, so the next versions will have those options greyed out.

tasmaniandevil wrote: ↑Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:07 pm
GruvSyco wrote: ↑Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:48 am I think you can open the preset in a text editor and add your own. I'm pretty sure I've done this in the past a few versions ago. I would only do this on presets that are exclusively personal.
You can neither add your own favourites nor your own tags this way. And this has never been possible.
Oops my mistake.

OP could use the description field and use the search function and maybe save the search.

tasmaniandevil wrote: ↑Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:09 pm
OdoSendaidokai wrote: ↑Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:26 pm To add new Tags, go to the left side, to the TAGS Categories "directory", do a right click and add new ... screenshot
I assume you are using the Linux version, right?
This option should be greyed out, as it won't work. You cannot create your own tags.
Some options not being greyed out is one of the issues noted in the known issues in the Linux subforum. This is actually fixed by now, so the next versions will have those options greyed out.
You are right. I just tested, if the functions are there and I can call them , but didn't create new tags.

Return to β€œu-he”