the new experimental dark mode

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

latest posts is now hideous, totally adverserial to easy reading.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Agreed, wtf happened ?
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

I tried the dark mode for a while but found it was harder to make out which threads had unread posts. I rely on the thread topic being bolded to tell if it has unread posts but it took more work to make the distinction with the green text. Much easier with the light mode colours.

I view other sites in dark mode and run Windows 10 in dark mode so I'm not averse to using it. But the green text for me at least was an issue.
Image Image Image Image

It also doesn't go to top of page, goes to bottom, I've changed nothing here

I'm not completely at home with the dark mode but they have now messed up the light mode and made it glaring white with horrid red lettering for threads you have posts in so I don't have any option but to change to dark. I think the original theme should be an option.

embedded reply chains are missing some dividing lines
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

entered text in the forum search is also only barely visible
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

I get the impression that KVR doesn't really care about forum member retention, that's the only reason I can logically attribute to the lack of moderation, the new theme, and the fact that the 'site specific' forum is the hardest forum to navigate to, stuck next to, but hidden by, the 'dead forums' archive.

CinningBao wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:10 pm embedded reply chains are missing some dividing lines
That should be fixed now.

FapFilter wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:12 pm entered text in the forum search is also only barely visible
I can't reproduce this. Could you post a screenshot (or a direct URL to the problem page)?

"Latest Post" I can't see how many reply's. Contrast is disturbing. Site navigation is not well done.
Dark mode should be the default.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Ben [KVR] wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:09 pm
FapFilter wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:12 pm entered text in the forum search is also only barely visible
I can't reproduce this. Could you post a screenshot (or a direct URL to the problem page)?

Not sure how to post screenshots, but both on my iphone and ipad with ios15, the typed text is really light grey on the white background of the text field, so it‘s just barely visible. If i hadn‘t known i had written something, i probably wouldn‘t see it
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Enable Dark Mode only when logged in? Please change that.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Ben [KVR] wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:16 am
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:06 am The "post inline" button for attachments doesn't show in the dark version unless you first drag an image onto your post ... I have to do it for every attachment. works as expected in the light version.
Should be fixed now.
It's broken in light and dark mode now ...

I don't know if this intended behavior or not but when adding an image the "Place Inline" button does not show until you preview the post.

Before Preview:
KVR 01.png
After Preview:
KVR 02.png
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Site Stuff”