One Synth Challenge #157: FB-7999 by Full Bucket Music (Taron Wins)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FB-7999

Final Results: Taron - Biding TIme is the Winner!!!! :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

1. Taron - Biding TIme - 157
2. jasinski - Butterfly Effect - 157
3. treeheated - Spend Your Credits - 152
4. The Sound of Merlin - Black, Yellow And Blue - 150
5. MilksterX - Deep Distraction - 150

6. ELEX - Adagio Spettrale 2 - Il Lago Rosso - 149pts
7. davi-dj - Calima - 144pts
8. silverpants - A Behemothaur Approaches - 142pts
9. Impedance Music - Stressed-Out - 140pts
10. phankiejankie303 - Technomysticism 7999 - 136pts
11. PeterH - Ignorrant - 135pts
12. Old_Progger - Spring of 80s - 134pts
13. cdbaksu - CLS - 133pts
14. bh9090 - burnout - 133pts
15. doctorbob - You Know I Know - 133pts
16. ontrackp - 3/22/85 - 133pts
17. rockingricky - Jumpin - 132pts
18. zarf - harvee - 129pts
19. 1980-F - 8000minus1 - 128pts
20. diaseis - Nummulites - 126pts
21. MadMcMan - Circuitboard Liberation - 125pts
22. nyxeles - Land - 125pts
23. Yadrichik_Chaya - Vibe Alone In The High Bruh Zone (Above The Kings & Queens Of The Beach) - 124pts
24. emikaela - The Mind Is Just A Construct Of The Mind - 121pts
25. Frank Geppert - 8080 - 114pts
dq. motes - Motes - FB-7999 - 112pts
26. Dartelec - Westworld 2022 - 111pts
27. nenneb - Almost 8000 - 110pts
28. Neptune - FB7999 - 108pts
29. empphryio - 823 - 105pts
30. Spring Goose - Cotton Candy - 104pts
31. Korg Supporter - Post 80s Euphoria - 104pts
32. twomonths - Settlerlung - 103pts
33. rilderec - Dans Ton Dub - 103pts
34. Medniex - Osc 157 Rev01 - 101pts
35. 3lu5iv3 - Magic Smile - 77pts

Prizes:
First place winner, please announce your chosen prize in a reply here on this thread. Next place winners, follow up, one after the other. You may choose to skip. To receive the prize, it may take some time (even a week-month+), but be patient. :hug: NOTE: prizes are not passed down below top 5

Great work everyone :phones: :phones: :clap: :clap:

Scoresheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Congrats to the top 5 - all well deserved - was tight in the middle order :D

dB

Congrats, you up-there-but-not-too-far-away-people-in-the-green !
Nice work if you can get it ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers to all for making this an enjoyable round :tu:
And also of course to Richard and BJ for doing all the hard work :tu:

Quite honoured to find myself in 6th, btw. How ever did that happen ? Ta ! :)

Hoh, no way, that's awesome! Thanks, everyone! :hug:
Congrats to Jasinski, for 1st place, too, and the remaining top5ers! :clap: :hail:

Big thanks to Björn, as always, for his consistent supply of gems. And of course to BJ and Richard! You guys totally rock! :tu:

Wished I could vow to never miss another Full Bucket synth month again! :pray:

Oh, and I pass the price on!
Last edited by Taron on Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Congratulations Taron, Jas, Treeheated & TSOM :party: Some really great tracks again from everyone this month, usually it's hard to pick a favourite but for me this month it was Treeheated's track. Well done everyone and thankyou for all your votes and comments.

Yes and thankyou Bjorn for another excellent free synth & BJ & Rich ❤️
Last edited by MilksterX on Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I must also say a big thanks to Bjorn for providing so many excellent free synths! FB-7999 is another winner!
:clap: :clap: :wheee: :hail:

I am grateful to see all the honest votes that I got. It shows how far I have come in making music and how much I need to improve. I admit that my track was underwhelming and not as dynamic compared to other submissions, but it was what it was.

Congrats to all! Man you guys are pretty savage with the 1s and 2s votes :D
Check out my OSC (One Synth Challenge) entries and more Logic Pro sequences on SoundCloud and YouTube.

Korg Supporter wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:27 pm I am grateful to see all the honest votes that I got. It shows how far I have come in making music and how much I need to improve. I admit that my track was underwhelming and not as dynamic compared to other submissions, but it was what it was.
we all have room for improvement, but i really think the relative ranking says less about the quality of your (or any) track and more about how ridiculously high the average level here is. at least that's what i try to tell myself... ;)

congrats to the winners, all well deserved!

Congratulations to everyone, not only to the winners, but also to those who just made a track that they were satisfied with!) My personal favorite is RockingRicky, this is in the best sense what you expect to hear from a synthesizer! But yes, Taron's snare was good too! :wink: :lol:
ELEX wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:50 pm I think it does ! Music making always feels to me more like archeology than some forceful act of creation. Like I'm just brushing off something that was already there. In that deeper reality ? Or am I just an old person rambling now ? Who knows ? If anyone does, don't hesitate to speak up ! :wink:
A good comparison with archaeology if we assume that we can only look into the past, but perhaps the future is also available to us in this dimension. Is close to me in spirit the concept of the Infosphere, containing all the thoughts and feelings of all beings for all time,, maybe parallel worlds are also here, who knows... And each person, like a small receiver, can tune to any frequency and, if desired and able to find anything at all! Well, music really comes "out of nowhere", no matter how much someone would like to possess it. But I wouldn't swear that I ever composed something "myself", because when you're sitting in front of the keyboard or with a guitar without any musical thoughts in your head, and the next moment you're already playing something beautiful and meaningful, you only after a few seconds or minutes realize it with your consciousness!

IV! wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:39 pm Congratulations to everyone, not only to the winners, but also to those who just made a track that they were satisfied with!) My personal favorite is RockingRicky, this is in the best sense what you expect to hear from a synthesizer! But yes, Taron's snare was good too! :wink: :lol:
ELEX wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:50 pm I think it does ! Music making always feels to me more like archeology than some forceful act of creation. Like I'm just brushing off something that was already there. In that deeper reality ? Or am I just an old person rambling now ? Who knows ? If anyone does, don't hesitate to speak up ! :wink:
A good comparison with archaeology if we assume that we can only look into the past, but perhaps the future is also available to us in this dimension. Is close to me in spirit the concept of the Infosphere, containing all the thoughts and feelings of all beings for all time,, maybe parallel worlds are also here, who knows... And each person, like a small receiver, can tune to any frequency and, if desired and able to find anything at all! Well, music really comes "out of nowhere", no matter how much someone would like to possess it. But I wouldn't swear that I ever composed something "myself", because when you're sitting in front of the keyboard or with a guitar without any musical thoughts in your head, and the next moment you're already playing something beautiful and meaningful, you only after a few seconds or minutes realize it with your consciousness!
I keep saying that music really is communication above all else. Just how everything is frequency, everything really is information, finding itself and forwarding by its nature. There really is no "substance" at the end, but a constant growing of understanding and demonstrating by means of frequency, harmonic relationships, intervals in both scale and time. What we do, really, is a lot of self-discovery, playing with the intangible. Everyone of us is reaching for different things. Some with greater consciousness, others guided completely by subconscious notions and ideally we manage to accept and take advantage of both. In a way, we all still have to learn not only how to speak, but discover the poetry of our honest truth.
To some this may actually be akin to archeology, having lost touch with that truth for a long time. But with every track we make, we really dig deeper and find more of all the buried treasure within!

Well said! I increasingly see in music not only mathematics and pleasant/unpleasant sounds and harmonies, but a language that directly appeals to images. We think in images and it is really so tedious to code images into words, to transfer these words to another person so that he decodes these words into images again, and even within one language this gives enormous losses of initial ideas due to the effect of a "broken phone" at all stages. And although the musical way of communication in the current realities is very imperfect, because many people seem to deliberately try to divide music into different languages, dividing it into genres and styles instead of the unprocessed perception, music remains an excellent way of communicating with oneself, maximally fast and honest, since we do not translate images into words and do not have the opportunity to play with these words to change the truth and lies in places.

cdbaksu wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:20 pm Congrats to all! Man you guys are pretty savage with the 1s and 2s votes :D
I gave you a '4' because of the complexity (e.g. polyrhythms) and weirdness of your track, but I can also understand, if someone finds the lead sound extremely annoying... :wink:
But in total the majority appreciated your work, you got 21 4s and 5s.

1980-F wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:35 am
cdbaksu wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:20 pm Congrats to all! Man you guys are pretty savage with the 1s and 2s votes :D
I gave you a '4' because of the complexity (e.g. polyrhythms) and weirdness of your track, but I can also understand, if someone finds the lead sound extremely annoying... :wink:
But in total the majority appreciated your work, you got 21 4s and 5s.
Thanks for your kind words, I wasn't really referring to votes to my track. Just my general impression that this month had higher quality of tracks than the amount of 1-pointer and 2-pointer votes would suggest.
Check out my OSC (One Synth Challenge) entries and more Logic Pro sequences on SoundCloud and YouTube.

You gave out 9 "2"s.

Return to “Instruments”