Recording Samples in Logic Pro

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TX16Wx Software Sampler TX16Wx Software Sampler Professional

Hey, after much experimenting and trying different methods in this forum I still can't seem to get the record sample function to recognize audio from Logic Pro. I'm routing audio through Logic's sidechain input, input listening in TX16Wx is active and still there is nothing. Is there something I'm missing or is Logic not capable of routing audio to midi instrument channels? I'm using the latest version of Logic by the way, 10.7.2

For example the sidechain input works totally fine in Logic's EVOC 20 Vocoder synth but registers nothing in TX16Wx. I've also run the TX16Wx AU in Ableton 10 and routing audio from a midi track into TX16Wx works fine, I can record samples. I'm not sure why the same AU does nothing in Logic Pro, especially when the sidechain input works fine for other plugins.

Unfortunately I know next to nothing about Logic. AU as such allows audio routing to instruments just fine, but this is of course host dependent.
Are you trying to get audio in from external microphone, or routing other tracks into TX? The latter is usually trickier, even in hosts like REAPER.
If any of the other forum members have more input regarding Logic itself, feel free to chime in.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

I’m trying to get external tracks into TX, although I have tested it with inputs from my audio interface also with no luck.

What DAW do you use and how are you setting it up for recording into TX? I’m quite familiar with Logic and several other DAWs so I may be able to transfer the technique

In AU Lab it is a no-step operation. Just works. Search this forum for how to do it in REAPER, but I don't think it translates.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Thanks so much for your help, I'll look into it. Have you considered a version of TX as a midi enabled effect? Seems like it would solve many of the compatibility issues.

Return to “CWITEC”