Scrolling through presets with Zebra2 on macOS [SOLVED].

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use macOS and have down for about 5 years. Before that in the previous 30 years I used DOS and Windows. The one thing I brought with me was to have the mouse scroll direction NOT in the standard Apple way of doing things. Mine is set like this...

Screenshot 2022-03-14 at 20.37.41.png

Zebra2, alone among Mac software it seems, does not use this setting, which, when you've got 30 years of muscle memory to contend with makes it really awkward. Hilariously, it appears that if I change the macOS setting, so that every other piece of software now is totally alien to use, Zebra2 now is okay. IOW, Zebra2 just seems to reverse whatever the setting is.

Urs, I don't know if this constitutes some elaborate joke on ex-Windows users, but it really is causing me some mental distress. Just an option to determine whether Zebra uses whatever is set in System Preferences would do the trick. Please... πŸ™πŸ½πŸ˜‰
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by carlca on Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

Urs, I see from your post here viewtopic.php?p=8182161#p8182161 that the preset scroll direction issue is mentioned. Is there some way to activate it that I am missing?

Try changing the Preferences -> Scroll Horizontal setting in Zebra2.

Thank you so much! I've only just started using Zebra2. I did see the Options gear wheal icon but on my system it seemed to open up a kind of mapping screen for the controls at the bottom of the plugin - I didn't spot the options in the Spanner/Screwdriver section. Everything's cool now. Thanks again πŸ˜ƒ

I would like to recommend the user guide - in Zebra2, click on the u-he "badge"...

Return to β€œu-he”