Midi Learn for Korg Nanopad?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys,

Sorry to ask again - I've almost decided want to buy this and will once the shops working from China but had a question.

I've tried doing Midi Learn for a Korg Nanokontrol and it works fine with nobs and sliders - e.g. for say like the mixer slides etc when mapped to them but how can you map a Korg nanopad pads to say the pads on the mudrum sampler instrument?

If I right click there is a map to midi controller option like with other things but it doesn't seem to map when I try yet other things can map?

In other daws like mixcraft pro studio the midi learn seems to be fairly simple - most stuff I have works but the nanopad doesnt seem to want anything to it's pads - just work with the default pad set up it has.

I've tried inserting a MuDrum instrument into a rack and then just playing it with the buttons on my Korg nanoKontrol (v1). It just worked.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi thanks for the reply.

What I am trying to do is re map the pads of mudrum to different pads on a nano pad 2. If I plug in the nano pad 2 mulab trial version picks up the nano pad 2 fine and works. However, if I say click on a drum pad in mudrum a few times. To activate a sound and then right click map midi and try pressing the drum pad on the nano pad 2 the midi learn doesn't work.

I've managed to map rack volume sliders to a nano kontrol 2 using midi learn so I know I must be doing the process properly as stated in the manual I am just unsure why mudrum pads won't map to the korg pads or can they not be changed?

Thanks for the help and vids anyway.

MIDI notes generally don't get mapped -- middle C is middle C (note 60). You'd have to say "No, I don't want middle C to be middle C, I want it to be some other note". What that might mean is you want to transpose - equally remap - all other notes. Or it might mean only that note. So it's not a simple thing to map directly. There's a Note Event Mapper (or something like that) you can possibly use - but you might need one per incoming note event.

It's probably easier to have the nanoPad send the notes you want it to send than try to remap the wrong notes to the right notes later on.

rickpress wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:45 pm Hi thanks for the reply.

What I am trying to do is re map the pads of mudrum to different pads on a nano pad 2. If I plug in the nano pad 2 mulab trial version picks up the nano pad 2 fine and works. However, if I say click on a drum pad in mudrum a few times. To activate a sound and then right click map midi and try pressing the drum pad on the nano pad 2 the midi learn doesn't work.

I've managed to map rack volume sliders to a nano kontrol 2 using midi learn so I know I must be doing the process properly as stated in the manual I am just unsure why mudrum pads won't map to the korg pads or can they not be changed?

Thanks for the help and vids anyway.
check nanoPAD2/Owner's Manual -> Setting Key or Note Range

Return to “MUTOOLS”