Triggering a Multi-Point Envelope

Official support for: mutools.com
mindvox626
KVRer
Topic Starter
21 posts since 3 May, 2021

Post Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:36 pm

I want the envelope to start at play; I think the Initial Event Generator is supposed to do this. I set the track to midi channel 1 and I set the Initial Event Generator module to midi channel 1 and I set the Key value inside Initial Event Generator to the first note that is played on the track and it still doesn't do anything. What am I missing here?

humanboeing
KVRist
218 posts since 17 Nov, 2020

Post Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:49 pm

Turn it off and back on, it'll sent the event.

From user manual:

This module is practical for MUX patches that need a first (note) event in order to work as expected, eg. to trigger a looped envelope.

The defined event is sent out whenever this module (re)starts processing:

When it is inserted into a MUX patch
When it is loaded from a preset file
When its process switch (the green on/off led) is switched back on

humanboeing
KVRist
218 posts since 17 Nov, 2020

Post Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:23 pm

I just realised you are trying to use initial event generator wrongly, so here's more info:
If you want to program envelope triggers during project playthrough, grab the envelope module and drop it onto the track panel. Now you have a new track, in which you can program the notes which will trigger the envelope exactly where you want (I'm assuming your envelope modulator is located in composer's modular area or deeper). So there's no need for initial event generator.

mindvox626
KVRer
Topic Starter
21 posts since 3 May, 2021

Post Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:58 am

It worked thanx! This solution led me to discovery of the Sequence Player Module. Now, I can have the Multi-Point-Envelope triggered only once and it can loop in sync with the rest of the project and have it all contained within one MUX.

Make sure that inside the SPM, start mode is set to 'On First Note On', and the stop mode is set to 'Never', and create a new 'Sequence' and make one note the size of a bar.

But, I can see that there can be situations where this setup is inside a custom effect or synth and the first note doesn't start at the beginning of the loop in situations where you would want it to. In this case, there should be a module that triggers an event at some specified grid interval.

EDIT: There is one small caveat; this is probably a bug. When making a note inside the Sequence Player Module be sure to make the note slightly shorter than the bar. If not, it will mess with the timing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MUTOOLS”