Question about audio stretching

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just started my first proper MuTools project and so far it's going really well.

I love the disconnect between racks and tracks, which means that you can switch a track to use different racks on an experimental basis.

I've also experimented with repitching a drum sample. The method of moving the loop start and end points if very simple and intuitive. It does beg a question though. Does MuTools offer a choice of stretching algorithms in the way that Bitwig has a choice of Stretch, Elastique Pro and so on.

Don't get me wrong, I was able to adjust the tempo of the drum loop from 135bpm down to 78bpm, and it still sounds really good.

I've just this second come across one problem which I will address in a separate topic...
Last edited by carlca on Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

There are 2 original stretching algorithms: spectral and granular, both of which were praised (and rightly so) here on kvr. You can find them in the audio sequence view under "stretch", click the cogwheel icon for more options.
Here is the relevant doc page: https://mutools.com/info/M8/docs/mulab/ ... ching.html
PS. I also like the freedom between racks and tracks ;)

Return to “MUTOOLS”