SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.9.16 update: New skin + bug fixes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 1+2 Bundle SynthMaster 2 SynthMaster 2 iOS SynthMaster Everything Bundle SynthMaster Player

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:00 am Actually regarding architecture, the SQ-80 would come closest. It was basically an enhanced SQ-1. It should even load SQ-1 sounds according to some forums on the webs….
Nope. Single filter for all the 3 OSC and (if i'm not wrong) no MultiEFX. As i said, it's a different machine, as it was an enhanced ESQ-1, not SQ-1 (yes, ensoniq names were confusing)
Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Wavestation A/D

Its that architecture with three oscillators instead of one, that is how I understood it… You can still layer those… You could send me a SQ-1 sysex file, and I could try to load it. I have the SQ-80…

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:37 am Its that architecture with three oscillators instead of one, that is how I understood it… You can still layer those… You could send me a SQ-1 sysex file, and I could try to load it. I have the SQ-80…
That architecture picture is for a single OSC. SQ1 has 3 of that architectures for each single patch. This means that SQ1 has:
- (1 OSC + 1 LFO + 1 Filter section + 3 Env)*3 + MultiEFX
SQ-80 has (more or less)
- 3 OSC + 3 LFO + 1 filter section + 4 Env

They're different machines.

KS-32 was almost identical to SQ1. You can still find a free Win32 patch editor online, if you want to look deep in the structure. And you can find sysex file for KS32/SQ1 online (im at office and can't access them now)

Also, we're ABSOLUTLY OT here.

Parduz wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:43 pm Hello, i try to ask here a question that i asked two or three times on the FB group without gettin any answer.

I'd like to try to use Synthmaster 2 to "emulate" my old Ensoniq SQ1. I have already the original PCM samples as wav file, and Synthmaster seems to be able to do the job.
What i don't want to do is to re-create each SQ1 patch from scratch, one-by-one, step-by-step: instead, i would like to convert the SQ1 sysex files in Synthmaster patches, at least to start from something a bit "raw" that only need fine-tuning.
Do do this, i'd need to know how a Synthmaster preset file is made, how it is "formatted", so i can write my converter.

Is it possible to know the preset file format?
Hi,

It's a proprietry format, but knowing the format wouldn't help much. Unless I write a special convertor, the patches should be created from stratch. You can create a template preset that has the structure of SQ1, and then use that template to create the other ones.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:59 pm It's a proprietry format, but knowing the format wouldn't help much. Unless I write a special convertor, the patches should be created from stratch.
Writing the convertor was the job from my part: i already have the sysex reader ready, with the data "normalized", waiting to be written in some other format.
(it's been almost 20 years i'm trying to do this in my spare time, so about a decade ago i tried writing SF2 and SFZ patches, and i still have my code ready to be changed).

Unless i've missed the meaning of your answer.
kv331 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:59 pm You can create a template preset that has the structure of SQ1, and then use that template to create the other ones.
This will be 300+ patches to be set from that template.
If knowing the proprietary format involves signing a non-disclosure agreement i'll be fine with it.
Otherwise i'll try with other VST.

Just a quick note that Synthmaster Player w/2,000 presets is free for a while on their website.

Return to “Instruments”