Syntronik 2 Discussions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Syntronik 1

Without you public betatesters scaring people off :scared: there'd be 2000 more users already :hyper:

...but the question is, would they be :x HAPPY :x new users? :dog: :hihi:

There are lots and lots of issues with S2 (most were discussed when it was released) but if you have the HD space and the time it’s worth 50 bucks….
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Teksonik wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:13 pm If we reach 2,000 by the 19th they will extend the group buy. It's at 1644 right now so there is a fighting chance.
It's starting to look pretty certain now, 6 days and we only need 352 more. We've been getting around 100 a day and it seems to be speeding up.

Lots of good sounds, maybe they could sell 'player' versions like KV331 does with Synthmaster. For some, trading the complexities and some reduced disk space for a bargeload of nice sounds with a few basic controls, could be a welcome option.

Back in the ST 2 and ST3 days, there were quite a few nice expansions sold, like Sonik Synth II. Hope there will be some of those, as well as fully Syntronik 2 versions of older V1 synths like the SY99.

If I join the buy, I guess I can call it a Syn2-Player until I edit and lose a preset or two. But onward to 33, regardless :hyper:

glokraw wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:51 pm Back in the ST 2 and ST3 days, there were quite a few nice expansions sold, like Sonik Synth II. Hope there will be some of those, as well as fully Syntronik 2 versions of older V1 synths like the SY99.
There are 42 new fully Syntronik 2 patches for the 99. As well as the originals from Syn1. Good stuff!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

glokraw wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:51 pm Lots of good sounds, maybe they could sell 'player' versions like KV331 does with Synthmaster. For some, trading the complexities and some reduced disk space for a bargeload of nice sounds with a few basic controls, could be a welcome option.
Not possible. The entire collection is sampled, not emulated. The samples need to be there for the presets. If they sold a player version, it would take up the same amount of disk space if it shipped the same number of presets. Maybe you'd shave off 10-15% of the total content payload if they took out some of the sample data that isn't used by presets, but exists for end-user sound design. That's being VERY generous though, given the cumulative size of the package.

This is no different than something like HALion Sonic SE, UVI Workstation or Kontakt Player. None of those allow you to do any editing or sound design, but it doesn't change the fact that a library may require 50GBs of storage even if you run it through the "player" :-P

This work well for e.g. Arturia Analog Lab V primarily because the instruments are DSP emulated, so buying a preset bank doesn't require tons of sample content to exist on the end-user's machine.

I also like that Arturia splits each emulation into its own separate plug-in, and they are NKS enabled, as well. That's an advantage of going that route. So, usage can be great even if you don't use their 1st party MIDI Controllers.

For me, IKM's software to host the sample libraries is the worst part of the package. It's why I stopped using their software. SampleTank 4 is also one of the least stable virtual instruments I have ever used. Putting that in a project is dooming myself to lost work due to total DAW freezes (requires "End Task") or crashes... Not to mention the ridiculous RAM usage due to the lack of sample purge/ram clean.

Synthmaster is a digital synth. Creating a player version comes with none of that content baggage. They just create another synth plug-in and replace the editing components with quick controls.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

My concept of an IK player would be more like DecentSampler on the gui portion, and 16 bit samples in .sfz format on the playback. I use discoDSP Bliss sampler to create .sfz folders of sometimes cpu-heavy synth patches, and the results are far smaller than the behemoths in Syntronik's sample folders. That size is a minor nuisance in disk-space and loading times, perhaps needed for their desired quality, which I enjoy, but I could stand to lose some weight and gain some speed and quality myself :hihi:
Take cover 33, the beta-testers are many, and fearless :hyper:

Am i alone getting missing sample error on SH-V?

Lbdunequest wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:58 pm Am i alone getting missing sample error on SH-V?
You might need to go back into the IK Product Manager and hit "reinstall". I had to go into the IK Product Manager and hit "reinstall". I had the CE version and it had some of the samples but not everything that comes with the full versions of the synth. Don't forget to do that with every new synth you add if it's not a brand new one on your system.

glokraw wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:40 pm Without you public betatesters scaring people off :scared: there'd be 2000 more users already :hyper: ...but the question is, would they be :x HAPPY :x new users? :dog: :hihi:
I'm not going to lie about what I've found just to get more free instruments.

People deserve to know that there are some....oddities shall we say with IK instruments.

None of them are total deal breakers to me and if we circle back to the fact that many of us only paid $35 to get 20 instruments (so far) it's hard to be too upset.

It does always feel like I'm beta testing IK instrument plugins and that goes back to the original Sampletank so I should be used to it. :?

Also If you need technical support be prepared to bring your patience.

But I've made some wonderful sounding Multis today so I still say this Group Buy is a great deal. I don't regret joining..... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Lbdunequest wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:58 pm Am i alone getting missing sample error on SH-V?
No you're not alone. Which sample(s) are missing?

SYN 2 Error 050922-1.png
In the example above "Bullet Train Pluck" will load just fine. But if I simply change the name with no other edits and save it to "Bullet Train Pluck Test" it generates the error message.

The sample is located in the Sampletank 3/Samples folder but once saved the preset looks for the sample in Syntronik 2/Samples (but not in a SH-V subfolder).

This has occurred in every version 1 synth that I have updated to 2 and again only with version 2 presets. Version 1 presets can be edited,saved, and reloaded without issue.

I have reported to support the issue that edited version 2 presets for version 1 synths change the sample path they expect to find their samples or at least here they do and I think that has to do with the fact that I already had Sampletank 3 and Syntronik 1 installed. Version 1 presets are in ST3i format and version 2 presets are in ST4i format and I think that has something to do with it as well.

If I simply change the name of a version 2 preset and then try to reload it I get the missing sample message.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Zipede wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:25 pm
Teksonik wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:13 pm If we reach 2,000 by the 19th they will extend the group buy. It's at 1644 right now so there is a fighting chance.
It's starting to look pretty certain now, 6 days and we only need 352 more. We've been getting around 100 a day and it seems to be speeding up.
Yes it's looking good to hit 2000 by the 19th.. Only 235 left at the time of this post and 4 1/2 days to go.

3000 by the end of the month might be a stretch but they may extend it again if we get close.

:tu:

Teksonik wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:30 pm
No you're not alone. Which sample(s) are missing?

SYN 2 Error 050922-1.png

In the example above "Bullet Train Pluck" will load just fine. But if I simply change the name with no other edits and save it to "Bullet Train Pluck Test" it generates the error message.

The sample is located in the Sampletank 3/Samples folder but once saved the preset looks for the sample in Syntronik 2/Samples (but not in a SH-V subfolder).

This has occurred in every version 1 synth that I have updated to 2 and again only with version 2 presets. Version 1 presets can be edited,saved, and reloaded without issue.

I have reported to support the issue that edited version 2 presets for version 1 synths change the sample path they expect to find their samples or at least here they do and I think that has to do with the fact that I already had Sampletank 3 and Syntronik 1 installed. Version 1 presets are in ST3i format and version 2 presets are in ST4i format and I think that has something to do with it as well.

If I simply change the name of a version 2 preset and then try to reload it I get the missing sample message.
I decided early on to set Syn 2 to only use the Syntronik 2 path.

In doing so, all of the v1 synth "upgrades" to v2 have so far been installed by my choosing "reinstall", which installs the v1 + v2 presets into the Syn 2 path.

So far I have not had any errors creating and saving patches as you have described.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Thanks for your experience updates! I prefer manual installs whenever possible,
with ST4 and Syntronik, I just added the parts I thought were best, ala-carte,
and at a leisurely pace. I might need the bassoon, someday. Not there yet.
Cheers

Teksonik wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:50 pm
Zipede wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:25 pm
Yes it's looking good to hit 2000 by the 19th.. Only 235 left at the time of this post and 4 1/2 days to go.

3000 by the end of the month might be a stretch but they may extend it again if we get close.

:tu:
I suck at comedy, just trying to lighten things up a bit :wink: I enjoy my IK collections. Got Syntronik 2 CS going in my Bodhi Linux/Reaper/wine-staging 7.8, nice surprise even the editor works on V2 sounds.
I can cash in my pennies, nickels and dimes, to cover the cost. The value is higher-per-dime than most products out there, for synth lovers.

The timing of the sale is good, stocking musicians plugin cupboards just before NI's Zummer of Zound, or whatever they'll label their (shared) desparation in July. In the end, all the corporate attempts to lock in musicians to various mega-deals, pre-empting the need for their competition, benefit the buyers market, with never a dull moment, and at great prices. :hyper:

Return to “Instruments”