Melda Suggestion-mouse sidewheel button support!

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I would really like to be able to use my mouse wheel left and right buttons within Melda plugins to scroll! Thanks for considering the support of this!

HI I quite follow, what are these??
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:18 am HI I quite follow, what are these??
Screenshot 2022-05-11 011052.png
I refer to these buttons here. Many computer mice have them. Scroll left and Scroll right.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Every Logitech mouse has it. You can tilt the wheel left and right, usually to scroll.

Very handy once you get used to it.

I have that but never use it tbh. Not saying it wouldn't be useful, just chiming in.

Hexspa wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:37 pm I have that but never use it tbh. Not saying it wouldn't be useful, just chiming in.
i use it every day and have been for maybe 10+ years now. I would not use a mouse without it. Same with the side forward/back buttons. It's incredible how efficient your workflow can become by mapping common commands to the buttons of the mouse.
Starship Krupa wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:36 pm Every Logitech mouse has it. You can tilt the wheel left and right, usually to scroll.

Very handy once you get used to it.
Razer, Roccat, Steelseries and a few other companies have them as well. I think there may even be an older Microsoft branded mouse that has it.

timbit2006 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:56 pm
Hexspa wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:37 pm I have that but never use it tbh. Not saying it wouldn't be useful, just chiming in.
i use it every day and have been for maybe 10+ years now. I would not use a mouse without it. Same with the side forward/back buttons. It's incredible how efficient your workflow can become by mapping common commands to the buttons of the mouse.
What do you map these buttons to?

I use my Logitech Marathon with Cakewalk, which uses modifier keys with mouse gestures. I map the forward/back buttons to Ctrl and Alt, which makes it so that I don't need to use the keyboard as much.

I leave the left-right wheel tilt at its default, as most programs recognize that as left-right scroll.

Not sure if such mouse buttons should be recognized by plugins after all. There are two thoughts which come into my mind immediately:

1. I set up my mouse to have certain keyboard combinations on some moues buttons.
2. I set up Reaper to have some mouse buttons to do something specific.

So in the end I would rather use the DAWs keyboard settings to link the buttons to some actions and / or use the mouses control software to assign e.g. keyboard short cuts directly to the buttons. Now when a plugin would be able to recognize the special buttons (and you have not assigned normal key combinations on the mouse), I am not sure how this could interfere with the settings you made in the DAW and if a plugin could "steal" the input in the end. (-;
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

I'll check when possible, but honestly, low priority.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”