Official support for: mutools.com
oldcastle
KVRer
Topic Starter
26 posts since 14 Feb, 2021

Post Sun May 08, 2022 5:46 am

Hei,

Beginner's question here.

I just saw a video about time stretching, and after that, I found out that ML has its own built-in time stretching functionality. That's great!

So just out of curiosity, how does ML built-in time stretching compare to PaulXStretch?

whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
30904 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Sun May 08, 2022 6:24 am

PaulXStretch has a completely different focus from the timestretching you'll find in any DAW, including ML. Its intended for massive timestretches, to hours or longer, beyond the point where the original audio is identifiable.
https://sonosaurus.com/paulxstretch/ wrote:PaulXStretch is designed for radical transformation of sounds. It is NOT suitable for subtle time or pitch correction
Probably not vurt.

mutools
KVRAF
11634 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Post Sun May 08, 2022 6:50 am

With sincere great respect to Paul Stretch, which currently has more editable options than MuLab's spectral stretch, i'd like to add that MuLab's spectral stretch can do extremely long stretches too, in the same way as Paul Stretch.

humanboeing
KVRist
218 posts since 17 Nov, 2020

Post Sun May 08, 2022 7:07 am

That is really good news :D

oldcastle
KVRer
Topic Starter
26 posts since 14 Feb, 2021

Post Sun May 08, 2022 8:37 am

mutools wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:50 am With sincere great respect to Paul Stretch, which currently has more editable options than MuLab's spectral stretch, i'd like to add that MuLab's spectral stretch can do extremely long stretches too, in the same way as Paul Stretch.
Thanks. It's good to know that :)

Return to “MUTOOLS”