Arturia V Collection 10. Predictions.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

Missing the 70’s Roland sizzle, SH5/SH7/Jupiter 4, etc

One of Yamaha CS-5, CS-10, CS-15 would be the one!
Viper, Nordlead 2X, Moog Little Phatty Stage II, Synapse Orion Platinum

i've demoed the aug brass, i still think this aug series of products is kinda "player" version of pigments

Arturia need to loose the Augmented instruments muddying up V Collection and turn them into a separate collection.

Doesn't V9 have enough synths already? All V10 has to do is add a drum machine and rework that Matrix 12 V and ARP 2600 V with much attention to detail.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

matrix12 isnt that old, is it?
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:39 pm matrix12 isnt that old, is it?
Matrix 12 is currently at V2 in VC9.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

rod_zero wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:39 pm matrix12 isnt that old, is it?
It's from december 2014 and the 2.x version is from 2016, but there's no fundamental changes on sound I think, mostly interface, so it's already an (almost) 10 years synth. It's better than their previous synths, but still deserves a sound engine update.

I’d love to see Arturia capture their Polybrute in an all VSTi format.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Arturia SEM came out before the Matrix-12. SEM was 2011 or 2012. I'd say it needs an update first. The Matrix-12 sounds closer to the real thing from the comparisons I've heard.

After the 2600 of course. That's gotta be next.

has the moog modular got any update?
dedication to flying

Personally I'm really hoping for a JX-8P emulation. PG-8X isn't looking like it's going to be getting updated and it'd be nice to have an emulation with M1 support. The only time I seem to get DAW crashes is when opening PG-8X.

Okay this ain't so much some predictions as a wish list, I guess. I recently sold off my (very rare) Korg PS3100 (absolutely huge sound and very unique), so it would be awesome if Arturia would take on a recreation of the PS series, maybe the massive PS3300 (essentially three 3100s in a single unit.) I have a soft spot for anything Arp (I also used to own a 2600 and sequencer; sold it for a stupid-low price, to my shame) so a rebuild of the 2600V would be nice. Currently it doesn't REALLY sound like the hardware version. Arp Quadra, perhaps? Oh, and the Roland D50. Roland's own Cloud version is a pale imitation at best.

dreyam wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:02 pm Oh, and the Roland D50. Roland's own Cloud version is a pale imitation at best.
Unlikely to happen as the samples will be under copyright. I definitely recall finding a D-50 sample pack that was taken down due to Roland threatening legal action on that basis.

Only real options are either the Roland Cloud version or the D-05 Boutique. I was after some D-50 sounds and ended up just picking up an MC-101 as it had enough of the D-50 sounds I was after (I wasn't planning on actually playing around with the D-50 controls so not missing out there).

Shame, as there are some wonderful sounds there but I absolutely despise Roland Cloud.

mmccarthy wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:32 pm Shame, as there are some wonderful sounds there but I absolutely despise Roland Cloud.
I'm quite pleased with their latest version, especially the V2 of their legendary synths. The circuit mod and condition parameter are great.

Personally, I don't think Roland's analog modeling (ACB) is anything to write home about*, then it just gets worse from there (Zenology), but the D-50 emulation sounds pretty good to me. I've never played a D-50 in person, but the Cloud emulation is about what I'd expect it to sound like.

*And I say that as a System-8 hardware owner. I have a ton of experience with all their analog models between the hardware and my 10 or so Roland Cloud licenses. They're just not at the U-he, Softube, more recent Arturia, Synapse-level quality.

Return to “Instruments”