Questions before I buy

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1. Is pooled automation a thing? I want to be able to draw a little pattern and have it repeat almost like an LFO. If not, is there an equivalent?

2. After I have established a custom multipoint LFO, could I make another automation to add offset? Or what is the equivalent?

FR: I need to be able to drag notes vertically and audition them as I place them. Currently it looks like you can only affect length as you click and hold a note into existence. Also, cltr + click is the preferred behavior, I don't want to ctrl+click for every note. There seems to be a lack of user prefernces / user options / behavior options which could address these things.

Architeuthis wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:16 pm 1. Is pooled automation a thing? I want to be able to draw a little pattern and have it repeat almost like an LFO. If not, is there an equivalent?
Automation is stored in clips, in which you can define loop points to loop when you extend the clips length in the arranger.
2. After I have established a custom multipoint LFO, could I make another automation to add offset? Or what is the equivalent?
You talking delay or signal offset? Both are possible in the modular area/MUX but are done in very different ways.
Also, cltr + click is the preferred behavior, I don't want to ctrl+click for every note. There seems to be a lack of user prefernces / user options / behavior options which could address these things.
You can select the pencil tool which will place notes on click + drag (for length).
MuLab_NBvhY3uyTa.png
You can set the pencil tool as default as well
MuLab_PO6ZKHRPkm.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

dakkra wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:05 amYou talking delay or signal offset? Both are possible in the modular area/MUX but are done in very different ways.
Basically just asking if something like this is possible. One automation lane as an LFO, another automation lane or item as an offset, so I can "wiggle" the cutoff fast, but then provide a slow filter sweep on top of that. In FL Studio this is done by using the built in Fruity formula controller
FL64_04W3Qkgi22.png
FL64_qEV28kBzec.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Architeuthis wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:37 am Basically just asking if something like this is possible. One automation lane as an LFO, another automation lane or item as an offset, so I can "wiggle" the cutoff fast, but then provide a slow filter sweep on top of that.
All the modulation sources are summed together so yeah it's possible

Return to “MUTOOLS”