Arturia V Collection 9 - Official Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

Btw you can tell if it's at the lowest price when they pull out the "Best Price Guarantee" sticker.

Yeah it was $148 to move from V Collection 8 to 9 and FX Collection 2 to 3. They just had a sale on Augmented Grand Piano, so I assume that is why it is not on sale now.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

I am trying to resists Pigments for $49. I really am a cover band keyboard player (my 80s cover band is the most demanding on me in terms of synth sounds) and definitely not a synth programmer.

Frankly, I just try to find the right preset for specific songs and maybe make some minor tweaks (ASDR, mess a bit with filters, etc.). So, I spend a lot of time trying one preset after another.

I have full Syntronic II (recent Group Buy), now I have the full V Collection 9 (upgraded from 6, bought second hand), and I think for newer (non-vintage) synth sounds, I go to Massive (from Komplete Select). I can spend the next 3 months trying to get through what I currently have. So, I should resist (even though it is a great buy), it just does not make sense for me.

But, if you think I am wrong....
Last edited by jeffn1 on Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To Hear Original Instrumental "Progtronic Rock" Music, go to:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0rPidJwBYGmKZFUV4joAKN

jeffn1 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:37 pm I am trying to resists Pigments for $49. I really am a cover band keyboard player and definitely not a synth programmer.

Frankly, I just try to find the right preset for specific songs and maybe make some minor tweaks (ASDR, mess a bit with filters, etc.). So, I spend a lot of time trying one preset after another.

I have Syntronic II (Recent Group Buy), now I have the full V Collection 9 (upgraded from 6, bought second hand), and I think for newer (non-vintage) synth sounds, I go to Massive (from Komplete Select). I can spend the next 3 months trying to get through what I currently have. So, I should resist (even though it is a great buy), it just does not make sense for me.

But, if you think I am wrong....
that said pigments is a great option for preset browsing as well, i often pull it up if i wanna start form a preset. its a fun synth and fun to just tweak stuff, strong fx section. bascially it has been my favorite soft synth for a while so i cant not recommend it for 50 bucks.

are people in agreement what the best/worst instruments in v collection 9 are? or are the opinions split? i have a crossgrade offer for 150€ right now and im tempted to get back in. i tried and sold v collection 6 but back then you had to install every synth seperately and i had some other issues. plus im interested in the augmented voices instrument. at 4.50 per instrument cant really go wrong but im not convinced how many of the synths i would use.

gExpectations wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:41 pm are people in agreement what the best/worst instruments in v collection 9 are? or are the opinions split? i have a crossgrade offer for 150€ right now and im tempted to get back in. i tried and sold v collection 6 but back then you had to install every synth seperately and i had some other issues. plus im interested in the augmented voices instrument. at 4.50 per instrument cant really go wrong but im not convinced how many of the synths i would use.
The newest stuff is most highly regarded. I mean, there's too many to list individually. There have been massive updates since V6, with new additions and reworking of some of the older synths. It's a much improved collection since then.

At this point, you're basically asking for a list of favorites without any context as to what types of synths you'd look for and use. My advice? Demo. Or just jump in and explore.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:45 pm
gExpectations wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:41 pm are people in agreement what the best/worst instruments in v collection 9 are? or are the opinions split? i have a crossgrade offer for 150€ right now and im tempted to get back in. i tried and sold v collection 6 but back then you had to install every synth seperately and i had some other issues. plus im interested in the augmented voices instrument. at 4.50 per instrument cant really go wrong but im not convinced how many of the synths i would use.
The newest stuff is most highly regarded. I mean, there's too many to list individually. There have been massive updates since V6, with new additions and reworking of some of the older synths. It's a much improved collection since then.

At this point, you're basically asking for a list of favorites without any context as to what types of synths you'd look for and use. My advice? Demo. Or just jump in and explore.
fair answer. i was under the impression the 'general perception' of v collection instruments is still 'mixed'. I know people like the MS-20 and the Easel. But you know, could have been someone says "well these 5 are clearly the best". I think I'll just give it a go at that price theres really not a lot to lose.

IME, the OB-Xa model alone is worth the admission.

gExpectations wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:49 pm fair answer. i was under the impression the 'general perception' of v collection instruments is still 'mixed'. I know people like the MS-20 and the Easel. But you know, could have been someone says "well these 5 are clearly the best". I think I'll just give it a go at that price theres really not a lot to lose.
See...
Chrisk-K wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:50 pm IME, the OB-Xa model alone is worth the admission.
Whereas that one doesn't particularly impress me! :lol:

But the MS-20 sounds sick, Pigments is killer, the Juno/Jupiter are very good (prefer TAL), the new CS-80 is a big update and worth it, the Buchla is nuts (in a goodway), the digital synths are a lot of fun, etc.

See? Favorites list!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:01 pm
gExpectations wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:49 pm fair answer. i was under the impression the 'general perception' of v collection instruments is still 'mixed'. I know people like the MS-20 and the Easel. But you know, could have been someone says "well these 5 are clearly the best". I think I'll just give it a go at that price theres really not a lot to lose.
See...
Chrisk-K wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:50 pm IME, the OB-Xa model alone is worth the admission.
Whereas that one doesn't particularly impress me! :lol:

But the MS-20 sounds sick, Pigments is killer, the Juno/Jupiter are very good (prefer TAL), the new CS-80 is a big update and worth it, the Buchla is nuts (in a goodway), the digital synths are a lot of fun, etc.

See? Favorites list!
Ahh, alas, Pigments is not included in V Collection 9.

Not an answer to your question specifically but ReverbMachine's breakdowns use a ton of Arturia stuff showing how to reproduce lots of well known sounds using Arturia (and other) tools so you can see for yourself if they do what you're looking for.
https://reverbmachine.com/articles/

jeffn1 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:06 pm Ahh, alas, Pigments is not included in V Collection 9.
Ah, my bad! I thought they had added it in the next V-Collection after Pigments was released. Didn't realize it was still standalone.

pigments is my most used synth :p

gExpectations wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:50 pm pigments is my most used synth :p
You're killing me! ;) (kidding)

But, I am guessing you are into sound design (composing and soundscapes?)

jeffn1 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:11 pm
gExpectations wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:50 pm pigments is my most used synth :p
You're killing me! ;) (kidding)

But, I am guessing you are into sound design (composing and soundscapes?)
yes, i would say i have a fairly decent grasp of sound design and i do like to design sounds, when i produce, at least sometimes. right now im mainly using my summit or pigments/phaseplant. im not that much into learning 30 synth interfaces and i would maybe pick 5 of those if i like the models or use them for presets. that page you linked looks pretty good!

Return to “Instruments”