Best VST Guitar 2022

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

benjamind wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:44 am I'm allergic to sample libraries since the release of MODO BASS...drum roll...nearly 6 years ago LOL.

When (or perhaps IF) they finally bring out the guitars we won't need sample libraries taking up all this disk space whilst generally not being nearly as flexible either.

I won't hold my breath. Nearly 6 years now and no sign. It might just pop up but they've taken waaaaaaaay too long and now all this shit is going down in the world. Again I won't hold my breath and I have a few reasons why. They should of released it instead of the drums. It's not like we already have a shit tonne of drum libraries that actually sound realistic unlike the bloody guitars.
Did they ever say or suggest that they were planning to make a guitar or is it just us assuming/hoping that a guitar is the next logical step after the bass?
Yorgos Simeonidis

BBFG# wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:48 am I did double check and while I didn't go through every library, the libraries I did check which seem the most popular all seem to require Kontakt player.
Not a VST in and of itself then?
A Kontakt instrument can still be VST; they aren't mutually exclusive. But I see the difference you're distinguishing between needing or not needing Kontakt (the latter being my pref as well).
I owned a few of them. They're good, but I didn't feel they were good enough to keep.
We'll agree to disagree there...

filulilu wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:32 am Did they ever say or suggest that they were planning to make a guitar or is it just us assuming/hoping that a guitar is the next logical step after the bass?
Yes. It was in the list of product registrations on a trademark registration website in Italy. There was MODO BASS, MODO DRUM and MODO GUITAR. There were 3 distinct products.

My guess is they are working on it but it's going to be the last of those 3 products. I knew it would be the last one because guitars are more complex than basses or drums and likely need more time to fine tune them. Basses are relatively straightforward.

Well, that's what I hope because I cannot use sample libs since physical modelling has come onto the scene. I prefer the inherent flexibility of models.

Would be extremely disappointed if they let me down after all this time. Again I'm allergic to sampled guitars and for good reason. It's been so many years now so maybe they will do the guitars. But at this point I am not going to count on them any more because I've held my breath for nearly 6 years and I'm growing weary.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

mabutler45 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:16 pm Hello, I am looking for some help in choosing the right Guitar VST for recording and possible live performance, Love the 70s, 80s Rock. I have been looking at Musiclabs REALLPC and Amplesounds Metal Eclipse, Guitar SC, and Guitar VC. I would really appreciate some help in choosing and any other possibilities to consider. Thank you in advance for all your help and input... :) :) :)
I regularly use the Shreddage 3 line of guitars. I make a lot of heavier music, so my frequent choices are the Hydra and the Jupiter. I recently started finding uses for the Serpent, Rogue, and even the Legacy. They all have their own distinct sounds and properties.

I own all of Musiclab, Amplesound and some of Orange Tree Samples. I would say:

#1 - Musiclab guitars are really good enough for all purposes and easy to play with.

#2 - Amplesound guitars are cool too, but they are in my view not better than Musiclab Guitars, just somewhat prettier to look at.

#3 - Orange Tree Sample Guitars are hard to program and so I never used them..
FLStudio - 24 Synths - 6 Effects - I am crazy

Ujam have quite a few different guitar VSTs in different playing styles. They use well recorded looped guitar phrases so they sound realistic.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I'm pretty happy with MusicLab guitars, they just announced V6 for July 2022, and it will feature builtin fx racks.

Thanks for all the info, I decided to go with Musiclab 😀😀😀

Studio Major7th's SSG7 V for metal
and Iron Axe for a standard Stat by Xhun for guitar synthesis.

I love the Shreddage line of rompler guitars, the on board amps and cabs make it an all in one solution.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
~A.Rand

There is a ttm008, still under development.
It is not brilliant on its own, but you can get the sound you like by applying an external amp simulator of your choice.

Here is the link to KVR.
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/ttm008 ... -ttm-works

Here is the direct link to the one under development.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TL1bU9 ... sp=sharing

Kontakt (NI libs, Orange Tree libs) and Musiclab Realguitar are quite good, but also these synths: Korg m1, triton, wavestation, Plogue OPS-7 (with some cool dx7 sysex guitar sounds)

I used to use Shreddage, then v3 came along. Also Kontakt is a giant turd, of which no amount of polishing will make otherwise. Not talking about the libraries, you understand, some of which are stunning.

I'm going to offer something different. Ujam have a great range of guitar instruments that are way, way easier to learn than anything else. Here are a couple of examples. The First uses BM-Vice for drums, VB-Rowdy for the bass and both VG-Iron and VG-Carbon for the guitar part.
https://soundcloud.com/user-365521/blitzkieg-bop-wip

This one is VG Iron -
https://soundcloud.com/user-365521/we-stood-still-wip

I also have one of the Shreddage libraries, plus a couple of other Kontakt guitar thingies. I also have Sugar Byte's Guitarist and I find it impossible to get anything useful from any of them. OTOH, the Ujam ones require very little effort at all.

The other two songs I've put up also have some VG-Iron in them if you're interested in subjecting yourself to further torture.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | Zoom U24 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Soundpaint is a new sample player which is more than a sample player, allows you to tweak the VIs it uses in many ways, and they have an IMO outstanding guitar called Soul Guitar which is only $20. The Soundpaint player is free and comes with a very nice Steinway grand piano as well.

Sonic extension Nylon Sky is pretty dope

Return to “Instruments”