Which is the hungriest Synth CPU wise nowadays?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Arturia Synthi V, it sets your pc on fire
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Alternate Title - Which is the most inefficiently coded Synth.

Or, who has the crappiest computer....

MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sQeetz wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:56 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:07 pmThe M1 isn't faster than a mid tier desktop Intel i5 in benchmarks. The Apple hype train is rollin' hard.
I don't know where you got this from, but it's definitely false.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html
Well... check where the M1 is residing in that ranking.

chk071 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:18 pmWell... check where the M1 is residing in that ranking.
That the one I have, the one that is over 1,5 years old can't compete with server grade 8000$ CPUs from 2022 should be quite obvious.
At the time I bought it, I had a custom made i9 9900K rig and the MacBook outperformed it even using Rosetta for almost everything at the time.

The M1 Ultra is, as already said, well at the top just beyond CPUs that cost more than a whole computer and you can only get it as a whole package.
Last edited by sQeetz on Wed May 11, 2022 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My goodness, is this thread going to become another M1 cheerleading discussion by Apple fanboys? Can we keep in the original subject, PLEASE?

sQeetz wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:22 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:18 pmWell... check where the M1 is residing in that ranking.
That the one I have, the one that is over 1,5 years old can't compete with server grade 8000$ CPUs from 2022 should be quite obvious.
At the time I bought it, I had a custom made i9 9900K rig and the MacBook outperformed it even using Rosetta for almost everything at the time.

The M1 Ultra is, as already said, well at the top just beyond CPUs that cost more than a whole computer and you can only get it as a whole package.
My i5-11600K smokes the M1 and the M1 Pro, and it costs 240 €.

The M1 is a great mobile CPU (great performance to energy consumption ratio). But, saying that it's all you ever need to run anything is just wrong.

well the statement made no sense because, even if it can run everything at once! some things are hungrier than others, having more power, doesn't make them all equal.

chk071 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:04 pm
vertibration wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:02 pm None, get an M1....problem solved
Good one. As if M1 was the most powerful chip in the world. And as if you couldn't easily max out a M1 as well.

Even last and current gen mid tier desktop Intel's smoke the M1...
Sounds to me like a whole bunch of ya'll strugglin lmao

Sinisterbr wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:24 pm My goodness, is this thread going to become another M1 cheerleading discussion by Apple fanboys? Can we keep in the original subject, PLEASE?
People with no clue about Macs claim bullshit about Macs, Mac users try to explain how it's BS and all of a sudden it's "cheerleading M1 fanboys are so aNnOOoooiiing!!" :cry: :hihi:

Well... let's not forget the original statement "No synth is hungry. Get a M1, case solved.". ;)

Funny thing is people crackin on M1, but dont even own an intel or AMD that can beat it LMAO

As I mentioned above, I do. It wasn't expensive.

My pc is well old, I don't struggle with anything.... I'm not gullible either

Return to “Instruments”