[Solved] Abyss Missing From Tracktion

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've installed Abyss to the VST3 system folder [C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3] that is registered to the Waveform plugin location setting yet the Synth is not appearing in the application.

I've also reinstalled it from the download manager a couple of time to make sure it is installed correctly. It is recognized by Cubase 12 and loads properly.

I bought the Waveform 12 + Studio Content Bundle and am looking forward to discovering this new version. I last used Tracktion [T2] when it was with Mackie.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Carey

Here it is in DP.
Abyss.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by careyletendre on Mon May 16, 2022 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just to rule out , did you add the path for the VST in Waveform settings( I'm unsure if this a common VST path as I don't use Windows OS ) and also rescan for VST3 ?

EDIT// I didn't read your OP correctly, so you already have the path set, that just leaves the option you might have missed to rescan for VST3.

Thank you for your reply. In windows the vst3 path C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 is registered to the OS as the defacto location so vst3 plugins are automatically installed there. Installers generally don't even provide a custom vst3 installation location.

Here is the path in Traction.

VST3Path.png

Here is the Abyss plugin in the vst3 folder location.

AbyssLocation.png

I ran the validation tool on Abyss.vst3 and it appears the validation has failed.

AbyssFailure.png

Thanks again for your help.

Carey
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

so it is red in the bottom of plugins list?

I did a manual rescan of vst3 plugins and now its recognized by Tracktion.

Do all new vst plugin installations require a manual rescan in Tracktion?

Thanks,

Carey

careyletendre wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:29 pm Do all new vst plugin installations require a manual rescan in Tracktion?
Yes.

Depending on how you have it configured, it may detect when new ones are added and prompt you to do the scan - at least it does that for me on my Mac.

Windows too - as long as the VST folder(s) are in the "scan list" and "automatically check for new plugins" selected on the plugins page.
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

It's always safest to rescan, just to eliminate conflicts between VST2 and VST3 versions, updated plugins, etc.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Return to “Tracktion”