TheSys VST3 MidiLearn broken

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It seems that the MIDI learn feature (with the right mouse button) of the VST3 version (1.7.0) of Thesys is broken.

It seems that the MIDI learn feature (with the right mouse button) of the VST3 version (1.7.0) of Thesys is broken. The VST2 version (1.7.0) works fine.

It seems that the MIDI learn feature (with the right mouse button) of the VST3 version (1.7.0) of Thesys is broken. Is there any workaround or planned update?
The VST2 version (1.7.0) works fine.

TheSys VST3 latest version 1.7.0. bug:
It seems that the MIDI learn feature (with the right mouse button) of the VST3 version (1.7.0) of Thesys is broken. Is there any workaround or planned update?
The VST2 version (1.7.0) works fine.

It seems that the MIDI learn feature (with the right mouse button) of the VST3 version (1.7.0) of Thesys is broken. Is there any workaround or planned update? THat would be much appreciated. I use four instances of TheSys at the same time and the more efficient architecture of VST3 comes in handy.
The VST2 version (1.7.0) works fine by the way.

It seems that the MIDI learn feature (with the right mouse button) of the VST3 version (1.7.0) of Thesys is broken. Is there any workaround or planned update? THat would be much appreciated. I use four instances of TheSys at the same time and the more efficient architecture of VST3 comes in handy.

(What is this absurd requirement of this forum that provokes constant warnings:
"Your message contains too few characters" ?)

I just repeat the above message in order to be able to post this message. Strange.

(TheSys VST3 latest version 1.7.0. bug:

I just repeat the above message in order to be able to post this message. Strange.
)

stamstemmer wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:53 am TheSys VST3 latest version 1.7.0. bug:
Hi stamstemmer,

thanks for your report! I've checked it here and it works for me. Maybe let me know if you are on Windows or macOS and which DAW you are exactly using so that we can investigate.

Best,
Nadine

stamstemmer wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:55 am (What is this absurd requirement of this forum that provokes constant warnings:

I just repeat the above message in order to be able to post this message. Strange.)
You can edit your message instead of repeating it a thousand times…
There are no absurd requirements in this forum, it works like all the others. I would not exclude an user error…

Sugar Bytes wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:59 am
stamstemmer wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:53 am TheSys VST3 latest version 1.7.0. bug:
Hi stamstemmer,

thanks for your report! I've checked it here and it works for me. Maybe let me know if you are on Windows or macOS and which DAW you are exactly using so that we can investigate.

Best,
Nadine
Thanks for the quick reply. I work with Windows 10 and the latest version of Cakewalk by Bandlab. When I use both the VST2 and the VST3 version in the same project, the VST2 works without problems and the VST3 version does not Midi learn with the right mouse button.

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:46 pm
stamstemmer wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:55 am (What is this absurd requirement of this forum that provokes constant warnings:

I just repeat the above message in order to be able to post this message. Strange.)
You can edit your message instead of repeating it a thousand times…
There are no absurd requirements in this forum, it works like all the others. I would not exclude an user error…
When writing a message I got this warning in red "Your message contains too few characters" and I thougth it wouldn´t be posted. But it was actually. No idea what goes wrong.

stamstemmer wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:53 am
Thanks for the quick reply. I work with Windows 10 and the latest version of Cakewalk by Bandlab. When I use both the VST2 and the VST3 version in the same project, the VST2 works without problems and the VST3 version does not Midi learn with the right mouse button.
That's strange. I've tried it here several times on Windows 10 with the latest Cakewalk and it runs flawless here.
That's why I highly recommend to delete the Thesys.vst3 file from:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

Then please start Cakewalk and close your Cakewalk again, this will make sure that the cash file is overwritten.
After that please install the latest Thesys installer from our homepage again and make a rescan.

If the problem still persist, it would be great, if you could possibly send us simple Cakewalk project file to support[@]sugar-bytes.de so that we can investigate.

Sorry for thr trouble!

Best,
Nadine

I did exactly as you recommended, but still no joy. Can it have something to do with the MIDI CC map file, with the .sbm extension? Perhaps there is a kind of incompatibility between the VST2 and the VST3 MIDI map versions, and the VST3 uses an erroneous sbm version. Could you perhaps send me a default MIDI Map file (with sbm extension) for the VST3 version? I suspect the problem lies there.

stamstemmer wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 10:00 am I did exactly as you recommended, but still no joy. Can it have something to do with the MIDI CC map file, with the .sbm extension? Perhaps there is a kind of incompatibility between the VST2 and the VST3 MIDI map versions, and the VST3 uses an erroneous sbm version. Could you perhaps send me a default MIDI Map file (with sbm extension) for the VST3 version? I suspect the problem lies there.
Unfortunately, the problem is a bit unclear. Are there possibly any other VST2 plug-ins you can try, does midi learn/right-click work there? Which Cakewalk version are you exactly working with? Best, Nadine

Return to “Sugar Bytes”