Waveform keeps corrupting audio in Linux

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been trying to get along with Waveform in Linux, but it's been very difficult because it keeps corrupting the audio. By "corrupting" I mean the sound becomes horribly garbled and unusable. The only remedy is to kill the JACK server and restart it. But that happens way too often, about every three or four minutes.

I've also tried turning off JACK and working on pure ALSA, but that doesn't solve the problem either.

Is there anything I can do to solve or mitigate this? I've noticed that tweaking the buffer value postpones the problem for a minute or two, but it still happens.

TIA

PulseAudio?

PulseAudio is trouble. It's the first thing I uninstall when I install a distro. Everything else I have (including almost the entire KXStudio repo and a ton of Windows plugins) works fine on JACK or ALSA. Waveform is the exception here.

It's hard to diagnose without any info. All I can say, it always worked fine for me with ALSA and JACK.
How do your setup work with other JUCE-based DAW, like Helio-workstation or Renoise?

I don't have Helio-workstation or Renoise. Never have. What else is JUCE-based?

Helio is open source and Renoise has a demo version.

Actually most of JUCE based plugin can be a standalone version, OB-Xd for example, Vital. Or you can compile Odin2 as standalone, or any other.

Return to “Tracktion”