AUv3 support in Mac

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, is AUv3 hosting support planned for Blue Cat Audio?

Most of the the new released iOS music apps can also be installed on M1 Macs. But in most cases, they only include an AUv3 plugin, not VST or Audio Units.

I use Bitwig, and I would like to load all my already purchased iOS music plugins, like it's possible to do in the current Ableton Live beta, or in Logic Pro.

Honestly, seeing that Bitwig doesn't support normal Audio Units, and that they are involved with the new CLAP plugin format, I really doubt that this will be coming in the future.

Before purchasing a wrapper like Blue Cat Audio, I want to be sure that this is coming. Because this will be my main use case.

It may indeed come in the future, but it is currently not "planned". It requires a plug-in scanner, as AU V3 plug-ins are actually declared by applications and cannot be selected manually.

Same here, I would like to use my already purchased iOS music plugins in Blue Cat’s Patchwork on m1 mac.

Another app other than Apple’s own music app that does this is GroundControl Caster by Ginger Audio. I don’t know how they are doing it but there seems to be no plug-in scanner involved. All the plugins just show up in the list. Maybe Blue Cat can do something like that?

This would be appreciated on my end. MIDI Tape Recorder is a useful AUv3 only app

I made the foolhardy mistake of relying on ChatGPT for my Bluecat Patchwork purchase. If I have been fooled, then it was because the text generated by ChatGPT sounded so exact that I assumed that it had to be based on actual fact. Would anyone from Bluecat care to comment on this...?
Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 16.34.44.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

It looks like ChatGPT mixed features lists from several sources, resulting in complete nonsense.

PatchWork does not support AU V3 yet. And Anyway there is no such thing as AU V3 foldes, as AU V3 plug-ins are declared by applications at runtime and may be anywhere on the system. Also PatchWork does not run on iOS at all, as shown in the system requirements:
System Requirements
MacOS
An Intel or Apple Silicon processor.
Mac OS 10.9 or newer.
For the plug-in, any VST / Audio Unit / AAX compatible application (64-bit) .
For the standalone application, a Core Audio compatible audio interface.
Windows
An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
For the plug-in, any VST / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
For the standalone application, an ASIO, MME or WASAPI compatible audio interface (ASIO recommended).
That's actually a pretty good example that shows how unreliable tools like ChatGPT can be. It could be even more dangerous if you ask it questions about health or security. Just never ever trust it and if you still want to use it, double and triple check the facts from other sources.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:37 am It looks like ChatGPT mixed features lists from several sources, resulting in complete nonsense.
I think I got carried away because I had some success in getting ChatGPT to come up with some working Apple Script earlier in the day. That'll teach me ☺️
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

carlca wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:31 pm I think I got carried away because I had some success in getting ChatGPT to come up with some working Apple Script earlier in the day. That'll teach me ☺️
When looking for technical help, it is much safer to use traditional search engines. ChatGPT is just a "conversational" tool, that's it, so it is pretty dangerous to rely on it for anything else than entertainment.

+1 for AUv3 support. Luckily I demoed before buying.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”