iOS SM2 Update v1.0.11 Problem!

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Kvr331 team,
I have just updated SM2 to v1.0.11 and discovered my midi parameters have disappeared. I opened the preset menu and found you have removed the export/import midi mapping feature and now the only way to reassign midi parameters is if I connect my midi controller first. I have just tapped on Reload Midi Mappings in the preset menu, but nothing changes, there are no saved midi mapping files to select for reloading?
I have been using the automated method for controlling parameters since update v1.0.10, but it is not as simple to use compared with midi learn. In Cubasis3 I can open a midi lane to edit midi notes and midi parameters at the same time, but using automation requires opening a separate automation window to edit each parameter type, then having to open the midi track to make changes to notes.
At the moment I have not yet found other problems with this new update, but that’s because I have not yet looked.
Hopefully you can issue a new update to give us the export/import midi mappings feature.
Regards Mike

Hi Mike, I'm very sorry for the missing menu item about the midi learn parameters. There must be a version conflict for the menu. I'll add it back asap and release a new update.

Thank you IB.

THIS IS NOW SERIOUSLY BAD.
I was working on my latest Cubasis3 project this evening when I discovered a catastrophic fault with this Synthmaster 2 update, every single preset now sounds ultra low fi quality, every instance of SM2 used in my project now sound overloaded and muffled and causes clipping at normal levels, I then opened and played different finished Cubasis3 projects that use many instances of SM2 and compared the sound quality to my previous mixdown versions I made over the past months and the sound quality now is absolutely dreadful and unusable since this latest update, it now sounds like all the presets have had their treble reduced to almost minimum, whilst the bass has been turned up to a unpleasant muffled quality.
Something has seriously gone wrong with this update.

I would like to revert back to v1.0.10, I was happy with it as it was, everything was perfect and the sound quality was superb, but now I definitely cannot use Synthmaster 2 as it stands, I can not even compensate or adjust the presets in anyway to make them sound acceptable, I really wish I had not updated at all!
If it takes 1 month to issue a new update then that’s how long I won’t be able to use Cubasis3 with SM2😥

I have just purchased the new NatLife Disco Funk sound pack after watching a SoundTestRoom Demo on YouTube, now I find that 90% of my 31 midi preset banks have disappeared, the few that have remained are just full of code.
I now once again have the laborious task of deleting the empty banks, resaving and renaming them! I have reported this many times, and I thought this problem had been sorted in update v1.0.10, obviously not!
Am I the only Synthmaster 2 user to suffer these reoccurring problems (iPad Air 4), I never see complaints from other users? It could possibly be that I use SM2 more than others, I don’t know, I am just being presumptuous, I just can’t understand why nobody else reports issues publicly. My reason for airing these problems publicly is so that others can decide for themselves wether they should update or purchase sound packs whilst such problems exist!
I really hope I don’t find more issues with this app, I read about a future release of Synthmaster 3, I think the existing version should take priority before moving on.

Hi,

Due to a version conflict we received complaints that the sounds are altered, we are fixing this now.

For the midi banks, installing a new bank should not alter others but I'll double check it.

Ok, that’s great. I will look forward to it being fixed.
I tried to attach some screen shot photos I had taken of the midi banks displaying code and empty spaces after downloading new sound pack, but I was met with a the “files too large” notification.

Hi lB,
I have updated to v1.0.12 and I am pleased to say that the preset sound quality is now back to its excellent state, the Export/Import Midi Mappings in the ui menus has also returned and functional. But…. This update once again emptied 18 midi sound banks, these banks were made up of specific factory preset categories ie- Bass, Pads, Synth Lead etc, and as you know this requirement is to allow midi bank/program changes. I have 13 purchased sound packs assigned to banks also and these have remained intact. Why do I keep losing my factory preset banks and then having to tediously re-establish them every time I purchase new sound packs, or as in this case installing the latest crucial update? This specific bug has been reoccurring ever since I purchased SM2 when it was first lanched last year.

At least the sound quality and the midi mapping feature is back to normal, thank you for that.
Mike.

Another problem found with v1.0.12 update.

Whilst reassigning factory preset categories back to their relevant empty banks, and then opening Manage Midi Banks and Programs to name them, selecting Update now moves this window to the top of the screen and the only way to close it is by closing and relaunching SM2, every time! this re-establishing empty midi banks has now become even more tiresome!

Return to “KV331 Audio”