Contest: July ”Gossip” + Result

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a "Woody" Jem, it's great but I don't play it much as I am mostly just stuffing around.
Frank Gambale was a huge influence on me, the same summer i decided to start using a pick at 15 my friend gave me the Gambale economy picking VHS to take on holiday. I have a much more exaggerated motion these days but as a young guy Frank was godlike.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnvfdoI ... l=TobyBurt
I play guitar

Here is some feedback:

1. mountainmaster

Good foundation to a sci-fi horror soundtrack. Could be a bit longer and more varied. I guess "Thorn" has a wide possibilities to manipulate sound in real time to create variations. There is some nasty resonances in upper mids (2-5k) that needs to be EQed.

2. Chickenman

Nice improvisation overall. The echoes are way too loud compared to guitar's tone. In the middle the guitar is completely gone for some reason. The echoes itself needs to be more blended with the reverb and also needs some slight EQ cut around 5k to tame some harsh frequencies. The performance goes a bit too crazy in the second half, it would be better to keep that calm, dreamy atmosphere from the beginning.

3. harvon

I don't know this style of music well, but it feels a bit too repetitive to me. The organ itself sounds good, it feels like it's in a real space and also properly EQed.

4. folderol

Great atmosphere and playing in this one. The off key notes and modulations sounded very nice. It also feels pretty balanced without any post processing.

5. Babyllon420

This track has a processing on it, but it still feels kinda muddy, lo-fi sounding recording. It's also very quiet compared to other entries. Musically it feels like a short draft for a pop-song.

6. Mister Natural

Another ambient piece with a cool dark atmosphere. It has some nice variations and it feels like a several instruments playing. It needs some processing to tame that nasty resonances in the upper mids though.

7. LagunaRising

It feels like psychedelic trip overall. Kinda unexpected considering the atteched image. The bass playing is kinda rough and loose. The vocals has so much processing on them so you can barely hear the lyrics. Some ducking on the echoes would be nice.

8. beanpole

A classic pop-song. Good playing and singing. Nice touch with the whistle at the end. This entry has the most balanced sound overall.

9. Kovacs

A really good performance with the classical guitar. Really cool soothing, dreamy atmosphere. Good processing on this one.
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

Result is up in the first page

This happens seldom, that we unanimously give the winner only the best and second best points!

However everybody deserves congratulations!

Wow, it is quite humbling. Thank you everyone. And congrats to everyone for a great month.

If anyone is interested, I have created a score for my entry. Please report errors...
https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0ce2 ... B6w#Skumre
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Congrats to the winners - very well deserved. A good one all round.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Congrats to the winners! And well done all.

Congratulations to the winners :party:

Let's try this new August theme

Return to “Music Cafe”