Stop the war in ukraine (Pop Ballad)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EP-Station OldSkoolVerb Poly 2106 Sitala TAL-BassLine TAL-DUB-II

:wink: New Pop Ballad Song composition by me (Lyrics: Something with "Stop the war in ukrain..", though songtext is unfinished yet) , curious to hear your impressions -> :roll:
https://soundcloud.com/user-926227779/s ... briel-west

Used Instruments (14):
Drums: Sitala / Songwriters Popkit (Snare) + Edgesounds Sonicbear GM 120Pro Soundfont / TR-Dreams Kit (Kick+Hihats) + 32MB GM Stereo NTonyx Soundfont / PopDrums Preset (Crash+Stick)
Percussion: Reverse Cymbal 32bit Wave Sample
Bass: TAL Bassline / Sub Bass, Fingered Bass / NTonyx 32MB..SF-Bank
Strings/Pads (Harmony): Merlin Symphony SFont / Warm Pad, Poly2106 / Carpet Pad Magic Preset
Guitars (Rhythm+Arp) : Guitar Acoustic 963kb Soundfont, FluidR3 SF-Bank / Nylon Guitar
E-Guitar (Lead/Vocals): VL-1 E-Guitar Clean 8MB
Vocals: HQ Orchestral SF-Bank / Legend EPiano Preset
Backing Vocals: EP-Station / Top40 Ballad Preset
Special Ins (Counterpoint Voicing): HQ Orchestral SF-Bank / English Horn
Effect Plugins: OldSkoolVerb / Warm Hall/OldSkoolSinger, TAL Dub II.

Notes: Maybe the bass could be a bit laughter at times and the chorus melody perhaps could be written from scratch, what do you guys think?

My Channel with all released tracks so far (feel free to check out) :phones:
https://soundcloud.com/user-926227779
Last edited by Gabriel_West on Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Gabriel,
Wow 14 instruments.
You are very talented, and very innovative musician.
Yes, the bass could be a bit louder.
Very nice composition.
Rene

thank you so much for your kind words, Rene, really appreciate your comment. :-)

Mix is kinda cool. Impressive for a one-man show.

I am unsure was this intentional (artistic choice) but you misspelled the name of the country. ? Since you are using English to name the song, it should be "Ukraine" no?

You're right kmonkey, admittedly it was a mispelling mistake by myself, its corrected now,
also thanks a lot for your feedback :-)

Problem is Putin isn't going to stop and to stop him you risk an all out nuclear event. We just got to hope he doesn't go any further than Ukraine. It is really all very scary to me.

The mix sounded really good to me. I did not get a stop war feeling from the song though. I mean the song was really good and I did enjoy it but just didn't get that particular thought from the song.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Gabriel West
Thank you!
Cool)))

It is good that you made a song against the war in ukraine.

ATS wrote: "I did not get a stop war feeling from the song though." I agree with that. The song sounds like a nice harmless pop ballade about happy summer days, good friends and ice cream.

War is not happy summer days, it is good friends dying, hungry scared people, raped women, collapsing society, cruel indifference of caused pain, death and destruction. Not Putin, nor Zelesny cares about any end the war messages, they will keep on fighting until one or the other army is destroyed.

Return to “Music Cafe”