No side chaining?

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it really not possible to enable side chaining in TDR Limiter GE vst3? I'm trying to export stems in Cubase 12 and there's no option to side chain. Is this feature coming? If not, I need to find an alternative :(

Limiter 6 GE has no external sidechain options, because the focus is more onto limiting.

If you like to sidechain Limiter 6's compressor module, consider using the original Molotok, Nova or Kotelnikov compressors instead (Limiter 6 GE's compressor modes build on these).
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Ah ok, thanks for the explanation. The reason I want to side chain the limiter is because I'm exporting stems individually through my master bus. I want to feed TDR Limiter a clean mixdown of my mix with no limiting so TDR will react as though the whole mix is running through even though it isn't. Fabfilter Pro L2 offers side chaining but it doesn't have all the features I like in TDR Limiter. I'll have to keep looking. Thx.

Is there any good use-case for doing that with brickwall limiting?

Any further processing will change the peaks and you will either lose loudness or need to run through another brickwall limiter. Then the artifacts pile up.

I'm exporting stems for video game music, so they're imported into Wwise for dynamic playback. No further processing. And I'm not slamming the limiter either, just catching stray peaks.

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”