IK goes AI

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 5 TONEX MAX TONEX SE TONEX Standard

niterateaudio wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:39 pm I don't agree that ToneX replaces AT5 at all. They are two completely different and separate products.I quite enjoy ToneX but I still use AT5 a lot. For anyone who is a heavy Amp Sim user and likes to tweak and experiment with virtual configurations of amps and effects and chain orders, you can only get that in AT5.
I think we all prefer that, it’s a question of how good the models are. It’s way harder to make amplitube sound great compared to a good TONEX capture.

The AmpliTube 5 models are incapable of sounding as good as a TONEX capture because of the IR cabs.

Convolution does not sound good.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:06 pm I've posted dozens models of stomp boxes so far with more coming
Funkybot, do you know the approximate size of a Tone Model?

jamcat wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:06 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:06 pm I've posted dozens models of stomp boxes so far with more coming
The way to find out would be to go to the Presets tab, take a preset, right click and Export it. Then find that file on your hard drive and look at the file size. I'm not able to do that at the moment, but that's how I'd go about it.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:36 pm
The way to find out would be to go to the Presets tab, take a preset, right click and Export it. Then find that file on your hard drive and look at the file size. I'm not able to do that at the moment, but that's how I'd go about it.
Thanks.
I did that on a couple, and I'm getting 37.6k per file. But I'm not sure if that is the actual AI capture, or just some settings that point to a capture.

I'm wondering what the size of a Machine Modeling capture of a cab would be compared to an IR of the same.

niterateaudio wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:39 pm I don't agree that ToneX replaces AT5 at all. They are two completely different and separate products.I quite enjoy ToneX but I still use AT5 a lot. For anyone who is a heavy Amp Sim user and likes to tweak and experiment with virtual configurations of amps and effects and chain orders, you can only get that in AT5.
I'd agree with that.

I swap out the TONEX cabs sometimes for Amplitube 5 cabs, because sometimes the captured pairing just sounds foul, and becomes much better with the Amplitube 5 cab.

Question - Using TONEX within Amplitube 5, is it or is it not possible to swap an Amp and cabs captures cab with another from the huge TONEX collection as you can with just TONEX on its own?

If so how, as it doesn't seem possible for me, so I just assume it is not possible from within Amplitube.
Say NO to CLAP!

jamcat wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:00 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:36 pm
Thanks.
I did that on a couple, and I'm getting 37.6k per file. But I'm not sure if that is the actual AI capture, or just some settings that point to a capture.

I'm wondering what the size of a Machine Modeling capture of a cab would be compared to an IR of the same.
My understanding is that includes the capture. You should be able to use the "import" feature to bring in the preset and the underlying capture onto a PC that didn't already have that capture and preset.

jinotsuh wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:05 pm
I'd agree with that.

I swap out the TONEX cabs sometimes for Amplitube 5 cabs, because sometimes the captured pairing just sounds foul, and becomes much better with the Amplitube 5 cab.

Question - Using TONEX within Amplitube 5, is it or is it not possible to swap an Amp and cabs captures cab with another from the huge TONEX collection as you can with just TONEX on its own?

If so how, as it doesn't seem possible for me, so I just assume it is not possible from within Amplitube.
I don't know. I believe IKM state on their forums there will be more updates coming down the pipeline which *may* add new features being requested from users.
all the best

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:33 pm My understanding is that includes the capture. You should be able to use the "import" feature to bring in the preset and the underlying capture onto a PC that didn't already have that capture and preset.
Good to know!

So a cab IR at 48kHz is about 73k (using Redwirez as my example.)
At 96kHz, the IRs are 144k.

So depending on samplerate and compression, IK could theoretically reduce the size of the cabs in AmpliTube down to just 25% of what they take up now, while drastically improving the sound quality, simply by replacing all cab IRs with equivalent Tone Models, using their mic robot.

They could use all that space saving to increase the number of actual mics used to capture the cabs from 2 to 8, and stop artificially swapping mics with (de)convolution.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:57 pm
jamcat wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:30 pm So, what about the status of T-RackS native M1?
Are we any closer to "soon"?
I don't have a specific date for that but the team is definitely working on it and something cool for T-RackS in general (unrelated to M1 so it isn't eating into those cycles)
Is “something cool for T-RackS” a new module for capturing your own compressors and preamps? :hihi:

jamcat wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:23 am
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:57 pm
jamcat wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:30 pm So, what about the status of T-RackS native M1?
Are we any closer to "soon"?
I don't have a specific date for that but the team is definitely working on it and something cool for T-RackS in general (unrelated to M1 so it isn't eating into those cycles)
Is “something cool for T-RackS” a new module for capturing your own compressors and preamps? :hihi:
Dang no that would be cooler. :)

AI assisted modeling is not merely a disruptive technology. It’s an extinction-level event. Whoever evolves first survives.

I hope IK is using machine learning to overhaul all of the models in AmpliTube and T-RackS.

fese wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:07 pm It is actually very welcome that you can filter only the models you own in Tonex, but sadly the filter gets reset every time I close and re-open the plugin GUI and I have to go through the whole process again. That gets annoying real fast…
i believe this exists in A5 too (for people who still use it :) - at least in A5, there appears to be an icon at the upper right, if you click it, it will cycle between owned, not owned, everything.
i did not know this was there until just recently, so thought I'd mention it.

Can you do the dual mono thing in TONEX? (but you can do it in amplitube - it crashed once on me doing that, but has seemed OK otherwise).

I'd also like to be able to filter in Tone.NET for tonex vs. amplitube presets.

And last.. is there a way to download the whole catalog at once (not the actual models, but at least the whole list of what's available)? Pagination delays are really annoying here...

chroma wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:03 am Can you do the dual mono thing in TONEX? (but you can do it in amplitube - it crashed once on me doing that, but has seemed OK otherwise).

I'd also like to be able to filter in Tone.NET for tonex vs. amplitube presets.

And last.. is there a way to download the whole catalog at once (not the actual models, but at least the whole list of what's available)? Pagination delays are really annoying here...
TONEX doesn't have the same routing setups as AmpliTube 5 so you'd want to use it in AT5 to get more flexible routing overall.

You can filter on the web version as there are separate sections for TONEX and AmpliTube but I assume you mean ToneNET inside AmpliTube 5? ToneNET inside TONEX will pull up only TONEX models, and ToneNET inside AmpliTube 5 will pull up AmpliTube 5 presets at this time.

You can find a list of the IK models from the different TONEX versions on our web site, but there is no full dump of the Tone Models uploaded by users, no.

Return to “Effects”