Which Ample Sound Electric Guitar best suited for a clean tone, as well as for a punk/new wave/rock sound?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Which Ample Sound Electric Guitar best suited for a clean tone, as well as for a punk/new wave/rock sound?

I’m not experienced with settings on amps, different cabinets/microphones and effects like compression, reverb etc. That makes it hard for me to determine which VST would be best to fit all the things I’d like to achieve, and my trial ends in a few days. I’m considering the Stratocaster, Telecaster, Les Pauls and Vintage Cherry. Does anyone have some advice? To summarize the things I find important:

- A good (almost) clean tone for beautiful arpeggio’s (think of songs like ‘Hallelujah’ by Jeff Buckley, ‘Street Spirit’ by Radiohead and ‘Still Loving You’ by Scorpions)
- Good distorted sound for a punk/new wave sound for playing chords (think of songs like ‘One Way Or Another’ by Blondie, ‘London Calling’ by The Clash and ‘God Save The Queen’ by Sex Pistols)
- Distorted sound for riffs (think of songs like ‘I Want You (She’s So Heavy)’ by The Beatles and ‘Psycho’ by Muse)
- That it sounds realistic

Thanks in advance!

The guitar vsti is not as relevant as the amp sim. All the Amplesound guitars are clean, it's the amps that dirty them up. You'll need Fender-style amps for cleaner tones and Marshall/mesa boogie for rock. Check out Kuassa, they're not too expensive and sound good.
I know it's not what you want to hear, but musiclab guitars are a bit more versatile - you can switch pickups mid note, for instance.
There's another thread here, somewhere...
Here we go...
viewtopic.php?p=8481990#p8481990

I have Telecaster, Les Pauls and Vintage Cherry...and I used them all in one project (post rock)
You can get good distorted sound in Les Paul and also in Stratocaster...it all depends on your personal preferences and expectations

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”