Bug: Drag and drop from Reaper into TAL-sampler does not work

Official support for: tal-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In Reaper you can usually drag and drop audio from the timeline into VSTi using Ctrl/Cmd + Alt modifiers. However, TAL-sampler does not accept the audio dropped into it this way.

I tested this on Reaper on MacOS.

which plugin(s) do you have where this works as expected? I tried with Dawesome Novum and Arturia Pigments and both behaved the same as TAL Sampler, drag & drop worked fine from the Media Explorer but not dragging from the timeline holding CMD+Alt. Sorry for the slow response btw.
emptyvessel
Professional sound design for manufacturers and composers
Sound Designer @ Novation.TAL.Arturia.UnfilteredAudio.Kilohearts.PaulHaslinger(composer).Tritik.Xils.AEModular.
https://store.emptyvessel.co.nz/

seems to be a bug has creeped in into Reaper, as it's not just TAL Sampler being affected, but literally every single third party plugin i own that had that feature too.
only thing where it's working is Reaper's native Reasamplomatic, but even there the cursor is staying red, indicating that a drag & drop to that place should not be possible.

it's working fine on my Windows machine, but Reaper is far from being current on that machine, so i can't say wether it would fail there if i was on 6.66 🤘there too
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

I just tried out of curiosity and drag+drop is working to 3rd party plugs on 6.66 for Windows (sitala, CR8).

I can download the tal-sampler demo later if that would help.

hmm ok thanks, I'm on an M1 Mac running Big Sur and none of the samplers I have are working with drag and drop from the arranger, just the media explorer. It does sound like it's more a Reaper issue than a TAL Sampler issue though.
emptyvessel
Professional sound design for manufacturers and composers
Sound Designer @ Novation.TAL.Arturia.UnfilteredAudio.Kilohearts.PaulHaslinger(composer).Tritik.Xils.AEModular.
https://store.emptyvessel.co.nz/

It has to be a Mac Reaper issue, it was working fine not too long ago for all my sampler plugins, now it’s only working with Reaper‘s own sampler

Have reported this bug on the Reaper forum
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Return to “TAL Software”