Brian Clevinger on NI's Discontinuation of Absynth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bungle wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:07 am FM8 and Massive are both built in to M+ already, Absynth accidentally appeared as a download (not for long though) so was ported, but they never officially released it for M+, now we know why.
...you misread my point, but I could have explained it a bit better. Currently M+ can run Massive and FM8, but you can only tweak existing patches with the parameters made available to NKS. However, Massive and FM8 have a lot more automation ids and then also parameters, that cannot be controlled via a controller, but via a mouse.

Bottom line, you cannot use these two on M+ like you would on a computer. That is why I was refering to Pro53, which has been a 100% integrated into Maschine+ standalone, and I'd like it, if Massive, FM8 and Absynth would be integrated in a future version of M+, which, most likely, would need a new hardware, maybe with a touch screen for controls, that could not be controlled with a knob, and a new version of the Maschine software, that has automation curves (to replicate the MSEGs of Absynth and FM8). I hope, this makes more sense now.
bungle wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:07 am No they didn't, InMusic bought AIR, they already owned Akai, AIR then created some synths for the MPCOS range, non of these synths had ever been released before, they did port AIR FX to the MPCOS range though.
...I know that InMusic bought Air and that they bundled these plugins with products from their other brands like Alesis and M-Audio etc., and also selling these synths for cheap in every imaginable way as well. Electric and Tubesynth on the MPC are directly derived from their Air counterparts and the other MPC instruments use their engines as well. I'm pretty sure, the original Air development team (former wizoo) doesn't exist anymore and that they continue as Ujam nowadays.

Anyway, the whole point is, for both NI and Akai, that they might use "older" software engines to run in standalone hardware. Not sure, if this could be really happening, but if NI would do it, then I'd find a future M+ very interesting.

vurt wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:46 pm brian should do a new version and call it wormwood. i have spoken.
Maybe move to a different Liquor? AdvOSCaat?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I vote for Tullamore Dew… The company should pay him full time and we get the synth for free and only need to get drunk to fulfill the deal…

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:33 am I vote for Tullamore Dew… The company should pay him full time and we get the synth for free and only need to get drunk to fulfill the deal…
Nah! Jameson (with Ginger Ale for the ladies) is so much smoother :tu:

Nah. Nonoe of those liquors will lead to madness...
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:03 pm Nah. Nonoe of those liquors will lead to madness...
try harder.

Never really liked Absynth. Both the synth and the drink :)

But i don't understand why so many ppl here reply as if it was so special, as it has been one of the less popular NI products for many years.
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:34 pm Never really liked Absynth. Both the synth and the drink :)

But i don't understand why so many ppl here reply as if it was so special, as it has been one of the less popular NI products for many years.
ill fight you. take it back :x

coming here, talking smack about absynth or absinthe, not on my watch, buddy.

vurt wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:45 pm
dionenoid wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:34 pm Never really liked Absynth. Both the synth and the drink :)

ill fight you. take it back :x
i'm down ...
form a queue ...

I never really liked Massive and don't get at all what is so special about Massive X, but I chalk it up to different needs. I would never bother posting in Massive X threads that are all about the developer, my opinion.

Absynth was very popular when it came out and for about ten years after, but at some point it stopped getting developed, the developer moved on, left NI, the GUI stayed tiny etc. etc. Personally I immediately bought Plasmonic which is a natural successor made by the same developer.

What really interests me about your reply though is the mentality. You admit you never liked it, yet you read a thread about it where everyone is upset and seems to have real interest in the product, so you contribute your opinion dismissing it as never good in the first place. Why did you even bother opening the thread if you had no interest in the product? What do you think you're contributing here? Do you think those of us that liked it will be all "golly I guess I was wrong? NI did the right thing." ? I 100% get stating an unpopular opinion when it's appropriate, but nothing about what you contributed to a thread about a statement from the developer of Absynth is anything more than troll bait. You have no reason to post what you did in terms of contributing anything but drama. It might be a good idea to think about what drives you to do this and work on it.

machinesworking wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:56 pm

I never really liked Massive and don't get at all what is so special about Massive X, but I chalk it up to different needs. I would never bother posting in Massive X threads that are all about the developer, my opinion.

Absynth was very popular when it came out and for about ten years after, but at some point it stopped getting developed, the developer moved on, left NI, the GUI stayed tiny etc. etc. Personally I immediately bought Plasmonic which is a natural successor made by the same developer.

What really interests me about your reply though is the mentality. You admit you never liked it, yet you read a thread about it where everyone is upset and seems to have real interest in the product, so you contribute your opinion dismissing it as never good in the first place. Why did you even bother opening the thread if you had no interest in the product? What do you think you're contributing here? Do you think those of us that liked it will be all "golly I guess I was wrong? NI did the right thing." ? I 100% get stating an unpopular opinion when it's appropriate, but nothing about what you contributed to a thread about a statement from the developer of Absynth is anything more than troll bait. You have no reason to post what you did in terms of contributing anything but drama. It might be a good idea to think about what drives you to do this and work on it.
Saw this ? ----> :)

It's a smilie, meant to indicate a joke, or (attempt at) humor.

But anyway, the line "it has been one of the less popular NI products for many years" comes straight from a NI rep (some 5 years ago already). Maybe i should have added that, so you wouldn't have reacted so oversensitive.

And i won't reply to the rest of your condescending nonsense. You don't decide what or where i post, or what i read or don't read, on a public forum.

For the record : I used Absynth quite a lot, but just like many here that was way back when.
More BPM please

vurt wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:46 pm coming here, talking smack about absynth or absinthe, not on my watch, buddy.
I found the sugar cubes and spoon thingy highly unpractical. I rather just drank something else without all the hassle.
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:50 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:46 pm coming here, talking smack about absynth or absinthe, not on my watch, buddy.
I found the sugar cubes and spoon thingy highly unpractical. I rather just drank something else without all the hassle.
just half n half it with brandy :party:

vurt wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:28 pm
dionenoid wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:50 pm
just half n half it with brandy :party:
I thought the whole sugar cube thing was part of the ritual to reveal the Old Ones. Nothing like a glimpse of absinthe-green Cthulhu to bring out the madness! Muahahaha!
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Return to “Instruments”